Dining Package - Buy Pre-Cruise Question

mirage2u

I am wondering if I buy the 3 night dining package before we get onboard, can I make the reservations also before getting onboard? I have a 1 year old so we really need to eat earlier in the evening. If I can't make the reservations now, I will wait until I'm onboard and use my OBC.

Reservations need to be made once onboard with a dining package.   The packages are at a discounted rate, thus the reason for having to wait until onboard.

Those paying full prices are able to make reservations prior to boarding through the cruise planner.  I have found with the packages I have booked, dining early is an easier time to get reservations than prime time of 7 or later.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

Reservations need to be made once onboard with a dining package.   The packages are at a discounted rate, thus the reason for having to wait until onboard.

Those paying full prices are able to make reservations prior to boarding through the cruise planner.  I have found with the packages I have booked, dining early is an easier time to get reservations than prime time of 7 or later.

Thank you! I kinda figured earlier was easier than later but just didn't want to worry about it as soon as we get on the ship. 

2 hours ago, mirage2u said:

Thank you! I kinda figured earlier was easier than later but just didn't want to worry about it as soon as we get on the ship. 

If you're on a full ship, all times will be hard to get. I'm on symphony now and all restaurants have been sold out since day 1, so we haven't been able to make any changes to our dining choices, but we are finding that you can pretty much walk in to any restaurant at the end of the day (around 8:30pm) and they'll have a table available from someone who are quickly and left.