Steam/sauna fees on Emerald

Kruzkrazy

We were On the Grand in September and we found out that there is no indoor sauna or heated tile beds. Only 2 small saunas at the spa location, outdoors, poolside right beside the showers - men and women separate. There are 2 outdoor hot tubs and the pool but the water was too chilly. Otherwise, the Grand was perfect.

Edited by tipofthehook

2 hours ago, Kruzkrazy said:

Can anyone tell me what Emerald will charge me to use the sauna and steam room? Thanx/kk

Unless something has changed, the Emerald Princess has a free steam room and sauna in each of the Men's and Women's Locker Rooms in the Lotus Spa.

• Like 1

These have been removed, at least on the Emerald. A crew member told me it was to use the extra space for treatment rooms that could accommodate wheelchairs, etc. 

I popped into the remodelled women’s change area…it looks very nice, with lockers and three showers, but no more steam or sauna.

Edited by LidoLiz

10 hours ago, LidoLiz said:

These have been removed, at least on the Emerald. A crew member told me it was to use the extra space for treatment rooms that could accommodate wheelchairs, etc. 

I popped into the remodelled women’s change area…it looks very nice, with lockers and three showers, but no more steam or sauna.

Wow. ☹️

The Emerald deck plans show the new Thermal Spa on deck 15, but they also show the old sauna & steam rooms on deck 16.

Prince$$ Crui$e$

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sonomaphil said:

Beat of luck to you with other lines. 

Actually, DW and I are now using Oceania and Viking. Costlier? Yep, but so much more for the money. We're sick of the nickel and diming. This spa nonsense is just the straw that broke the camel's back for us. /kk

Reminded me of the last Princess cruises we had in 2017; after a long chilly day on tour and the saunas were shut down. Heated beds were cold.  Very disappointing for old bones.  Now that I am contemplating travel again I just do not know about Princess even though we were so loyal to them for so long.