Pickleball on Solstice?

eel

We are boarding Celebrity Solstice in a few weeks. On the app, they already have many activities listed. One is Pickleball on the sports court. Has anyone played Pickleball on a Solstice class ship?  I thought the sports court wasn’t big enough. Wondering if this is something worth doing and if I should bother to bring my paddle. Would appreciate comments by anyone with firsthand experience. Thanks.

34 minutes ago, eel said:

We are boarding Celebrity Solstice in a few weeks. On the app, they already have many activities listed. One is Pickleball on the sports court. Has anyone played Pickleball on a Solstice class ship?  I thought the sports court wasn’t big enough. Wondering if this is something worth doing and if I should bother to bring my paddle. Would appreciate comments by anyone with firsthand experience. Thanks.

Just off her last Saturday, saw people playing in the sports court but I can't comment on size.  My two cents is unless your paddle costs you more (airline baggage fees, etc) simply bring it with you.  It's there for you if you choose to use it or if you don't use it, no big deal.

• Like 1

Just disembarked Solstice last Saturday and I did bring my pickleball paddle and a few balls but never played.  Talked to someone who did.  The court is "multipurpose" with many lines on it so a little confusing.  And because it is on the top deck, the wind can be a factor.  

Just the same, people played and enjoyed it.  But don't expect it to be like playing at home.

• Like 1

We played on the Summit in Sept 2022. Wooden paddles were heavy so bring your own if you can. Yes, wind can be a factor, but we had fun. They were getting a new net on the Summit as the current one was in bad shape. Ask the activity director to add it to the agenda if you’re looking for more people to play! We’re hoping it’s availabile on the Equinox on our next sailing!