What specialty restaurants are included on the new Carnival Celebration

HottyToddyCruzer

I have been getting conflicting information about some to the specialty restaurants. Some vlogers say that ChiBang, Capitano and Pig and anchor are included on the XL class ships. Others say that they may only be included (non-pay) for lunch only.

I have also heard that because the main dining room has been so overwhelmed, that the ship included these restaurants to help relieve the stress on the dining rooms.

Any one who has been on the ship recently that can answer my question? The website doesn't help and neither does the Carnival help desk.

Also would like to know how you found the food. I have heard rumors that the food is horrible on this ship.

Thanks

• Like 1

We just disembarked this morning from the Celebration in Miami. The Pig and Anchor, Chibang, Big Chicken, Guys Burgers, Cuchina, Blue Iguana and Street Eats as well as the deli and pizza were included. We paid for Fahrenheit 555, Rudi’s Sea Grill, Seafood Shack, the Carnival Kitchen, and the Chef’s Table. We didn’t try Bonsai sushi or the teppanyaki. 

I just posted a long review so it will take some time to appear, but overall the food wasn’t good. The Lido Cafe and main dining room were truly awful. The service was also aggressively bad.  This was my first Carnival Cruise so I can only compare it to Disney and Norwegian, and I won’t return to Carnival if I can avoid it (I have family who love Carnival).

Edited by SunnyBeaches72

48 minutes ago, HottyToddyCruzer said:

Others say that they may only be included (non-pay) for lunch only.

Who are these others? Chibang, Cucina, and Pig & Anchor have NEVER, I repeat NEVER required a cover on MardiGras and Celebration, NEVER. It's complementary for both lunch and dinner. 

The food in Cucina is very good on both the MardiGras and Celebration. I've been on the MardiGras 2x this year and just disembarked Celebration this morning. I enjoyed the Asian selections at Chibang on the MardiGras (didn't make it on the Celebration) and Pig and Anchor was good, not great on the MardiGras (Also didn't make it on the Celebration). 

15 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Who are these others? Chibang, Cucina, and Pig & Anchor have NEVER, I repeat NEVER required a cover on MardiGras and Celebration, NEVER. It's complementary for both lunch and dinner. 

Just different YouTube vlogers. This is the first time hubby and I will be on this large of a ship. We live near New Orleans (therefore drivable) and these big ships can't fit up the river. LOL

Thanks for the help. 

51 minutes ago, SunnyBeaches72 said:

We just disembarked this morning from the Celebration in Miami. The Pig and Anchor, Chibang, Big Chicken, Guys Burgers, Cuchina, Blue Iguana and Street Eats as well as the deli and pizza were included. We paid for Fahrenheit 555, Rudi’s Sea Grill, Seafood Shack, the Carnival Kitchen, and the Chef’s Table. We didn’t try Bonsai sushi or the teppanyaki. 

I just posted a long review so it will take some time to appear, but overall the food wasn’t good. The Lido Cafe and main dining room were truly awful. The service was also aggressively bad.  This was my first Carnival Cruise so I can only compare it to Disney and Norwegian, and I won’t return to Carnival if I can avoid it (I have family who love Carnival).

Thanks, this is very helpful

When we sailed Horizon last year, I was under the impression P&A was open for lunch outside (included) and inside for dinner (extra $$)

If I am wrong, cool, but it sure looked like pay in the evening. Only complementary outside at lunch

Edited by EngIceDave

50 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

When we sailed Horizon last year, I was under the impression P&A was open for lunch outside (included) and inside for dinner (extra $$)

If I am wrong, cool, but it sure looked like pay in the evening. Only complementary outside at lunch

That is correct but not the same policy for the excel class

• Like 2