Travel Guitar allowed as carry-on?

arsenic74

Anyone know if my son would be allowed to bring his Traveler guitar (a scaled-down Fender made for travel) onboard our upcoming Horizon cruise? He would strictly be playing this in our cabin, through headphones, so it would not really be of any disturbance to fellow passengers.

Thanks!

As per the Carnival rules:

"Musical instruments: Are allowed, however, if a noise complaint is received, the instrument will be confiscated and returned to the guest on debarkation morning."

So, if your son's guitar playing isn't disturbing other PAX, I would say yes, it's allowed.

• Thanks 1

I brought a Traveler (brand) travel guitar on one cruise, no problems.  Also used with headphones.  So you should expect no issues.  But if you also bring a Marshall half-stack, well, that's on you...  😉

I will be honest though - I barely played it.  I got it out once just so I could say I did.  I leave my guitars at home now, too many other things to do.  If I really get the urge to write some music with a melody that won't go away, I can always hum or scat-sing it into my phone...

• Like 2