American Cruise Lines Hudson River cruise

Ski Mom

Hello!! Thank you to all who commented on my post about a fall colors cruise. I’m interested in anyone who has recently traveled with American Cruise Lines because someone suggested them on my post . I have read all the reviews and they are so mixed from any where to loved them or hated them. My main concern is the accessibility of the ship and it’s excursions for which I can’t seem to find much information . All I’ve come up with is that they do have accessible cabins but most only one per ship. I spoke to a representative from there but didn’t feel he was fully aware of what it means to be a disabled traveler. I would love to hear from anyone who has recently sailed with ACL especially on this Hudson River trip and itinerary and on the American Independence ship. Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Edited by Ski Mom
Miss spelled words

You might want to post on the board for American Cruise Line.

With that said, generally speaking most river cruises are not really that accessible. The fact that ACL cruises US ports means it will be a little better due to needing to meet ADA requirements. 

1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

You might want to post on the board for American Cruise Line.

With that said, generally speaking most river cruises are not really that accessible. The fact that ACL cruises US ports means it will be a little better due to needing to meet ADA requirements. 

Thank you for your response. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a River cruise but I am interested in seeing New England and Cape Cod in the fall and this itinerary looks interesting. They do have other Cruises to New England and Cape Cod. I guess I was just interested in the accessibility of the ship and it’s excursions.