One more newbie question -- Excursion booking for multiple people?

macewank

OK OK..  I know in the other thread I said I was solo.  That's technically true, but I'm joining a couple of friends and we were looking to do at least one excursion together as a group..

When she tries to go into the NCL app and book the excursion (Puerto Plata ATV+Waterfall thing) it will only allow her to add it to cart if she only selects herself.  On the screen, her husband shows up as $0 and if she picks him, it won't let her add it.   She's only been able to find a couple of them that let her add to card with him selected as well.

Does that mean something?  Like the excursion only has 1 spot available or something?  It's letting me add it to cart no problem, but I haven't bought it so that's my only guess?

5 hours ago, macewank said:

OK OK..  I know in the other thread I said I was solo.  That's technically true, but I'm joining a couple of friends and we were looking to do at least one excursion together as a group..

When she tries to go into the NCL app and book the excursion (Puerto Plata ATV+Waterfall thing) it will only allow her to add it to cart if she only selects herself.  On the screen, her husband shows up as $0 and if she picks him, it won't let her add it.   She's only been able to find a couple of them that let her add to card with him selected as well.

Does that mean something?  Like the excursion only has 1 spot available or something?  It's letting me add it to cart no problem, but I haven't bought it so that's my only guess?

From my experience, that means that there is only one spot left on that excursion. You can call the excursion line to verify

I agree with Sacteach - I had that experience, except I was trying to book 4 people and it would only let me do 2 on one excursion, but all 4 on another one - and on a third, it let me book 4 but then when I checked out I got denied because the excursion sold out while I was booking it.  

The advice I got when I called NCL was to keep checking back, because folks cancel, etc.  My other thought was to book a private excursion with Viator or similar.  

• Like 1