Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

Pretty soon, it was time for the Celebration to make its way from the shipyard to Portsmouth for her very first sailing. Next thing, she was making her way across the pond, and would soon arrive on US shores. Real pictures from real paying passengers began to surface online, and we could at last see the new “neighborhoods” and bars on board. It mostly resembles the sister Excel Class vessel, the Mardi Gras, but with a Miami theme. 

Finally, in the wee hours of the night on the morning of November 20th, the Celebration arrived at her new “home” at the Port of Miami. Passengers were at last able to check out the newly refurbished terminal and the beautiful new Celebration for themselves. I was only 14 days from sailing at the time, and the excitement began to build. 

• Like 9

My usual pre cruise day in Miami includes bouncing around from place to place, eating and drinking everything in sight, and spending wads of cash along the way… I wanted to try something “new” out this time, and spent months trying to secure a reservation. Florida was recently awarded their very own Michelin guide, and several restaurants in Miami made the cut, receiving either one or two Michilin stars. Cote Miami, a Korean steakhouse, and outpost of the original location in New York City received one star, and I wanted to get my big mouth around some of their spectacular cuts of beef. “Prime, dry-aged, and wagu” beef… The kind of meat not even readily available to the average consumer… I tried over and over to get a reservation for months without any luck, until I finally figured out that reservations only became available thirty days out. When the date finally arrived, and I could actually get into the system to get my name on the list, it wouldn’t allow me to make reservations for one, so I just put in two people and that worked. I even had to input my credit card information just in order to make the reservation go through. Now, I just hope and pray that when I arrive at their door as a “single” that they’ll actually allow me in to dine with them. I would hate to have to cause a scene at the hostess stand if they refuse to allow me to eat… I worked too hard for this, and I will not be denied!...

Screenshot_20221201-105803.png

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Here's a copy of the special Art Basel menu at Cote Miami... The lowest priced prix fixe option runs $125, and includes special apps, sides and dessert, in addition to the meat parade... I plan on consuming every single bite, in addition to some of their specialty cocktails... 

Screenshot_20221129-143523.thumb.png.fe15de9177b328fd83fa3bcbefca0b0e.png

Screenshot_20221129-143556.png

• Like 3

Another place that I wanted to get into, and had also stalked for months, I had finally given up on… Freddy’s Speakeasy in the InterContinental Hotel only allows 12 people at a time inside, and offers three two hour “sessions” on the nights when they’re opened. I had been trying since even before they opened back in August to get on the list, but with no luck. I tried out their reservation system multiple times per day, hoping that I would at last “get lucky”... After weeks and weeks and weeks of attempts, I had just resolved that it wasn’t going to happen. On a whim, about three weeks prior to travel, I decided to give it ONE MORE SHOT… And, to my surprise, there were 2 time-slots available!. I quickly logged into my OpenTable account, and minutes later I had indeed secured my spot at the highly exclusive venue. Of course, again I had to enter my credit card information, as well as agree to their strict cancellation policy. Whether I showed up or not, they were getting their money. With those two things accomplished, I’m finally beginning to feel like the stars are aligning, and this is going to indeed be a LEGENDARY vacation!...

Screenshot_20221129-144749.thumb.png.a74deca2626188515641f37fe9f5dfe5.png

Screenshot_20221117-111926.png

• Like 13

We finally caught a little break here at work... Today has been busier than the entire week combined already, and it's not even lunch time. Speaking of lunch, I'll spare you the picture of my sardines and crackers today... But, later on, get ready for some real food p0rn at Kyma...

Screenshot_20221130-093815.thumb.png.f1b56a31b9e883fbd21f656ebbc37bc7.png

Screenshot_20221129-144433.png

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Now, I just hope and pray that when I arrive at their door as a “single” that they’ll actually allow me in to dine with them. I would hate to have to cause a scene at the hostess stand if they refuse to allow me to eat… I worked too hard for this, and I will not be denied!...

Just tell the host that your friend is going to meet you at the restaurant. Then, after you’ve been seated for awhile, tell your server that your friend texted you that he can’t make it.

But, you’ve made a reservation for 5:30 and another one for 8:30? Are you assuming that they will be small portions? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, luvcruzing said:

Just tell the host that your friend is going to meet you at the restaurant. Then, after you’ve been seated for awhile, tell your server that your friend texted you that he can’t make it.

But, you’ve made a reservation for 5:30 and another one for 8:30? Are you assuming that they will be small portions? 

The 5:30 reservation is for dinner, and the 8:30 will be cocktails only... I've got my eye on a couple of other spots, but that'll all depend on how my timing looks...

• Like 5

I'm checking out the menu at Kyma to try and decide what I'm going to eat tonight... I'll probably just go with a few apps rather than entrees. I should have enough leftovers to snack on while I do laundry and pack tomorrow evening... 

I'll definitely be going for their signature octopus. Probably the lamb pie or pork ribs, or possibly both. Just to say I had some vegetables, I'll probably go for the giant beans and maybe the Brussels sprouts or Greek fries.

Screenshot_20221201-115945.thumb.png.a5cda21bd37bb4ef22428e68369cd24e.png

Screenshot_20221201-120007.thumb.png.40cecb51ae225ec941807f6a19b24f28.png

Screenshot_20221201-120042.thumb.png.c6cebaacf2b05e49118eac80247d77d8.png

Screenshot_20221201-120056.png

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

Same thing I thought.

@sid_9169I know you can pack it away like a stray cat on Thanksgiving, but.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Speaking of menus, do you all have your Festivus plans nailed down?... Here's what I'll be serving. I still have to erect my aluminum pole...

img_4_1665170580385.jpg

Awesome!  Can't wait for the feats of strength.

• Like 2