LIVE from Viking Sea - West Indies to Iberia (BCN--SJU) Dec. 3--Dec. 17

FetaCheese

58 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Celebrating a milestone anniversary onboard.  So  kind of Viking.  We shared the champagne with Kldough and his wife last night in Explorers lounge.

🍾Happy Anniversary!!🍾

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting these. My husband and I always look forward to dancing on our cruises, and since this is our first Viking trip, I didn’t know what their schedule would be. Looks like they don’t have pre-dinner dancing, just late night, so no scheduling problem (though we will have to work around trivia!). 

On 12/11/2022 at 2:01 PM, J80crew said:

Could you possibly post a copy of the daily schedule?  I can soon make reservations for dinners on our February cruise and want to coordinate the times with other activities. Thanks for all your information!

Our experience:

If you like to dine later, say 8 or after, you can just walk up to ask for seating.  Had dinner twice Manfredis without res.    In restaurant, at popular times, dinner wait times for 2-tops could be 20 minutes.

Usually wait times much shorter if you share a table of 4 or 6, both Rest. and Manfredis.

Edited by FetaCheese

1 hour ago, J80crew said:

Thanks for posting these. My husband and I always look forward to dancing on our cruises, and since this is our first Viking trip, I didn’t know what their schedule would be. Looks like they don’t have pre-dinner dancing, just late night, so no scheduling problem (though we will have to work around trivia!). 

Went to Torshavn, night club 1 night.  Band played lots of 70's music.  Some pax danced, and everyone enjoyed the night.  

Explorers lounge has a solo guitarist/singer, John, who is very talented.  Plays/sings mainly pop songs.  Been there many times, and nobody danced, but there is a fairly large dance floor.

20 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

Went to Torshavn, night club 1 night.  Band played lots of 70's music.  Some pax danced, and everyone enjoyed the night.  

Explorers lounge has a solo guitarist/singer, John, who is very talented.  Plays/sings mainly pop songs.  Been there many times, and nobody danced, but there is a fairly large dance floor.

Was wondering what the guitarist's name was.  Thanks.  As your sea days wind down, would like to hear if you have any favorite bar tenders or wait staff.  Do you know if much of the crew are staying on for the Caribbean season or will some change in San Juan?  Last year we had many staff change in St. Martin because our next stop was PR and Viking could not get enough Visa's for the staff last year.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

Was wondering what the guitarist's name was.  Thanks.  As your sea days wind down, would like to hear if you have any favorite bar tenders or wait staff.  Do you know if much of the crew are staying on for the Caribbean season or will some change in San Juan?  Last year we had many staff change in St. Martin because our next stop was PR and Viking could not get enough Visa's for the staff last year.

Excellent wine steward is Veronica.  Didn't sit at any bars, so no favorite, all bar waiters are attentive.  Sorry, haven't asked any crew about staying on.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

Explorers lounge has a solo guitarist/singer, John, who is very talented.

Nice!  Thanksgiving week cruise the guitarist was Mark on V Sea.  We actively avoided the Explorer's Lounge when he was playing!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

IMG_20221214_095541994.thumb.jpg.e31ac0e6e16d9acc0794d27145eaed2a.jpg

Hi FetaCheese I have a question about the activity of the Energizing Class in the upper left hand corner (8:00am). It’s a bit hard for me to read but is there and extra charge of what looks like $10 for that class?

Let me know when and if you get the chance I would really appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, seasack said:

Hi FetaCheese I have a question about the activity of the Energizing Class in the upper left hand corner (8:00am). It’s a bit hard for me to read but is there and extra charge of what looks like $10 for that class?

Let me know when and if you get the chance I would really appreciate it. 

Yes, $10 charge, confirmed by guest services.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

Yes, $10 charge, confirmed by guest services.

That is surprising to me from their own advertising of “No nickel and diming” it certainly seems that way to me in this case. I’m boarding the Neptune next week. Never been on Viking before and I would look forward to maybe attending that class if they offered it but find it a shame that they charge $10 for it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

Attended Armagnac tasting last night in Torshavn.  Excellent Torshavn hosts/bartenders are Destra and Elmin.  Very knowledgeable and personable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FetaCheese said:

Excellent wine steward is Veronica.  Didn't sit at any bars, so no favorite, all bar waiters are attentive.  Sorry, haven't asked any crew about staying on.

I second the vote for Veronica. I believe she is normally in The Chef's Table in the evening, but we did have her service at lunch in the Restaurant one day. Her suggested wine was first rate. My wife has mentioned she has talked with some crew who are headed to India from San Juan. 

Edited by kldough

Have encountered some fellow passengers that seem like they would do better in a carnival cruise… they must have offered too many free silver spirit packages and perhaps discounted this cruise too steeply. 
Also seems like a lot of new staff. I realize everyone is having trouble fully staffing but then I wonder at the decision to fully fill this ship with max passenger capacity.  It’s been a bit disappointing. We have eaten in the restaurant total of three times.  Mainly world cafe which I like a lot but at times the food is not very hot.  They will prepare many things  for you hot.  Any issues we have had have been quickly resolved as far as minor room problems.  I agree with previous posters who notice a change in Viking quality.  Not giving up on them though.  

5 hours ago, seasack said:

That is surprising to me from their own advertising of “No nickel and diming” it certainly seems that way to me in this case. I’m boarding the Neptune next week. Never been on Viking before and I would look forward to maybe attending that class if they offered it but find it a shame that they charge $10 for it.

Use of a very nice gym is free.  Use of the amazing thermal spa is free whereas other cruise lines charge buco dollars.  What do you want free manicures and pressing service too?

• Haha 1