Carnival Venezia Sept 8, 2023

BIN

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Cruisers!

I just about HAD to book this......after paying for a long transatlantic on Princess which i will take in November, I checked with Carnival about my credit from a pandemic cancelation today.... Got NO emails that i had to book and SAIL by the end of September of this year! And, lost the promised OBC also. So after looking at Florida options and this cruise, i picked this. When i get off I'll be going on Meraviglia 2 days later on Sept 18 with friends!  This one is solo for me.

This is the first time I am really annoyed with Carnival, and i am Platinum with them. I plan on writing guest relations about not being informed about the dates. If i didnt book and sail by 9/30, I would have lost over a thousand dollars. So with that and a gift card, this cruise is "free" (sort of) for me.

Hope to meet some of you onboard!  So looking forward to another cruise. I hope the weather cooperates.  It's a good itinerary.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2023 at 9:17 PM, JoseyP said:

Greetings Cruisers!

I just about HAD to book this......after paying for a long transatlantic on Princess which i will take in November, I checked with Carnival about my credit from a pandemic cancelation today.... Got NO emails that i had to book and SAIL by the end of September of this year! And, lost the promised OBC also. So after looking at Florida options and this cruise, i picked this. When i get off I'll be going on Meraviglia 2 days later on Sept 18 with friends!  This one is solo for me.

This is the first time I am really annoyed with Carnival, and i am Platinum with them. I plan on writing guest relations about not being informed about the dates. If i didnt book and sail by 9/30, I would have lost over a thousand dollars. So with that and a gift card, this cruise is "free" (sort of) for me.

Hope to meet some of you onboard!  So looking forward to another cruise. I hope the weather cooperates.  It's a good itinerary.

Wow that's terrible that you were never notified.  Lucky that you found out on your own.

Your new fall schedule now sounds busy but amazing!  I am looking forward to this cruise (9/8) as I am hoping that Carnival will have figured out the embarkation / debarkation logistics and that the ship will be a bit less crowded then my 6/27 Venezia  cruise.  😁

On 7/1/2023 at 1:02 PM, Scottycruisin said:

Hello everyone! Just finalized my booking!  Looking super forward to this trip 😁

Welcome Scottycruisin!  Should be a great trip, hopefully less crowded then the summer and hopefully good weather!  Either way will still be a great cruise!

On 2/23/2023 at 10:27 AM, marhar123 said:

Hi,  We're also booked 9-8-23 and 9-16-23.   Maybe we'll see you then.  Bye, Mary and Dave

Hi Mary and Dave.  Glad to see that there are others who will be doing the b2b.  Best of two worlds, warm Carib and beautiful Canada!  I am sure our paths will cross.

Judie

• 2 weeks later...

All the people on here talking about being B2B Canada and Caribbean have me a bit jealous - we're also B2B but both weeks Canada. It will no doubt be beautiful and we're so ready to get away from the TX heat to cooler weather, but we are concerned about what we'll encounter due to the recent fires.

Last year we were exactly 1 week behind Hurricane Fiona and had a few port changes because of it, but it was still a great trip. The people were amazingly resilient and had done so much to prepare for the cruise traffic. I'm sure some were probably still dealing with issues at home, but they didn't let it effect the tours. Their awesomeness made for great excursions for us. And Mother Nature rewarded us with a great Fall Color Peep Show!!

On 7/26/2023 at 9:31 AM, luvs2beachit said:

Wow that's terrible that you were never notified.  Lucky that you found out on your own.

Your new fall schedule now sounds busy but amazing!  I am looking forward to this cruise (9/8) as I am hoping that Carnival will have figured out the embarkation / debarkation logistics and that the ship will be a bit less crowded then my 6/27 Venezia  cruise.  😁

It is a crazy fall schedule!  but how can i complain?  I am writing a letter to carnival, probably email too. I have nothing to lose.  They kept my money for 3 years, didnt notify me, enticed me with a large on board credit, and then i learned i had to book something and sail by sept 30 !!  It turns out that some of my family is on this cruise also.  I am curious to see the Venezia.

On 8/26/2023 at 9:32 AM, NewtoCruisewKids said:

Good morning!  Can’t wait for this ship!

Is anyone else concerned about port parking? There were always plenty of empty spaces but now that they take reservations I figured I would take a look. Reservations are not available for this sailing?  
down to 13 days! 😊

Not sure where you are coming from in NJ but we are also NJ residents and are going to take the train into the city and then taxi/Uber to the pier. 

3 hours ago, noshoobie said:

Not sure where you are coming from in NJ but we are also NJ residents and are going to take the train into the city and then taxi/Uber to the pier. 

I wish we had public transportation where I live (near High Point) so we are driving in. I think we will be fine as they do have a lot of parking.  

On 8/26/2023 at 9:32 AM, NewtoCruisewKids said:

Good morning!  Can’t wait for this ship!

Is anyone else concerned about port parking? There were always plenty of empty spaces but now that they take reservations I figured I would take a look. Reservations are not available for this sailing?  
down to 13 days! 😊

I was able to reserve parking ..did it on July 25...My guess is they will keep spaces open and will be 1st come 1st serve..or..there were not many reservations by the NCL cruises that will be going

Hi Everyone! Excited for our cruise just 2 days away! Did anyone hear about the recent hurricane lee passing by the Caribbean (specifically Puerto Rico)? Should we be concerned about the cruise being rerouted/skipping over or potentially canceled?  I am really hoping not!! 

https://www.cruisehive.com/tropical-storm-lee-expected-to-impact-cruise-destinations/110141

Edited by Mela1022

So, we are now heading to the Bahamas!  oh drat.  it is okay tho.  I know many people have been there many times.  Hey, it's still a foreign port.

I was looking forward to St Thomas, which i havent been to in a long while.

Edited by JoseyP

32 minutes ago, JoseyP said:

So, we are now heading to the Bahamas!  oh drat.  it is okay tho.  I know many people have been there many times.  Hey, it's still a foreign port.

I was looking forward to St Thomas, which i havent been to in a long while.

Yes came here because I just saw this