Airlines used on Air Promo

BarnCat1

I saw the list on NCL's website, but they don't list Frontier, JetBlue, Spirit or Southwest Airlines. Has anyone that ever used the air promo gotten any of these airlines as their carrier?  With some of the low fares the promo offers, I would think these would be the companies that they would be using. 

I would think they might specifically avoid them.  Imagine booking everyone on those lines, then have a ship cancel or a person cancel.  Lots of airfare to eat.

But I could see if your selected gateway is a location thats a hub. I would also think that they get some kind of serious discount with the airlines at least to put it on par.  Having flown once on Frontier, and once on Spirit, I would never choose the Free airfare if those were the carriers.

3 hours ago, BarnCat1 said:

I saw the list on NCL's website, but they don't list Frontier, JetBlue, Spirit or Southwest Airlines. Has anyone that ever used the air promo gotten any of these airlines as their carrier?  With some of the low fares the promo offers, I would think these would be the companies that they would be using. 

I doubt that Southwest would lower themselves enough to participate in NCL air.  SW has the best business model in the business (i.e. they are the only ones who didn't need to get bailed out after 911) and they don't need to resort to goofy things to fill their planes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nyc12345 said:

I got JetBlue for the BOGO air from NCL

How were the flight times?  Were you able to choose your own seats?  I have a strong feeling this is who I will get, at least for one of the legs of the itinerary. 

2 hours ago, Mikiejag said:

Having flown once on Frontier, and once on Spirit, I would never choose the Free airfare if those were the carriers

I agree. I have flown each once myself.  With all the add ons, lack of available flights and other issues, I am glad they aren't included.  

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

SW has the best business model in the business (i.e. they are the only ones who didn't need to get bailed out after 911) and they don't need to resort to goofy things to fill their planes.

I was hoping they were for the 2 free checked bags! I love flying Southwest. 

4 minutes ago, BarnCat1 said:

I was hoping they were for the 2 free checked bags! I love flying Southwest. 

I only fly Southwest.  There will come a day when I am forced to fly on another airline, but I experienced enough of that crap when I was working for Megacorp.  AA is my absolute least favorite.  I will avoid them like the plague.

16 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I only fly Southwest.  There will come a day when I am forced to fly on another airline, but I experienced enough of that crap when I was working for Megacorp.  AA is my absolute least favorite.  I will avoid them like the plague.

Well, Chief, it's a good thing you don't live in North Texas, where roughly 80% of the flights in and out of DFW are on American Airlines.  Southwest flies out of Dallas Love Field, not DFW, making connections with other airlines inconvenient.  Also, direct flights from Love only go to a relatively few destinations, and most of those are within just a few hundred miles of Dallas.  Traveling across the country on Southwest from Love usually requires one or more layovers.  So, essentially speaking, those of us in North Texas are forced to take American, either love it or leave it.  It may not be the best airline around, but you can get used to just about anything, even a sore tooth.

On 12/2/2022 at 6:57 PM, BarnCat1 said:

How were the flight times?  Were you able to choose your own seats?  I have a strong feeling this is who I will get, at least for one of the legs of the itinerary. 

I was lucky and got great flights both ways (noon/early afternoon).  I was able to get seat assignment by going through JetBlue.

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2022 at 5:04 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

I doubt that Southwest would lower themselves enough to participate in NCL air.

Think again -

On 12/2/2022 at 7:03 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

I try to fly with the as much as I can, and for my next cruise they have direct flights to MCO from my home airport at times that actually make sense for when I need to get there and for getting home so I'll be booking my own flights.  My parents had a bad experience on AA and have that airline on their "no fly" list with their TA.