8:30 Cannes Arrival for a 9:00 tour?

Macdooger4

Our ship gets in at 8:30 am and includes a tender. If the tour starts at 9:00 am, do you think we'd have enough time to make it?  Also thoughts on a 4 hour private tour which will take us to Monte-Carlo. Is it enough time to spend there? We want to spend afternoon in Cannes. We do have a message in to the tour group to see if they will wait for us if we are late for 9am. Thanks in advance for any advise and experience.

Ok, you want thoughts?  If you arrive at 8:30 it can take hours to get everyone tendered ashore.  Every ship has their process and priorities  when it comes to tendering.  If you can somehow make the first tender than you might be ashore by 9.  But more likely it will be sometime later.  There are no large shore-based tenders at Cannes so you will use the ship's tenders.

As to a 4 hour tour to Monte Carlo that makes little sense.  With little traffic it will take at least 1 hour in each direction to make the drive.  And that would be using in the inland A8 (a major highway) which is the fastest route, but also my least favorite since you miss the fun of driving along the coast and using one of the Corniche roads (between Nice and Monte Carlo).  So your tour might actually mean nearly 2 1/2 hours of driving and only 1 1/2 hours in Monte Carlo.  Also keep in mind that the Changing of the Guard (at the Palace) is at 11:55am and a very popular tourist attraction.  DW and I are not fans of Monte Carlo, but the Changing of the Guard Ceremony is where we would take folks if visiting the city.

It is a long way to drive for just Monte Carlo.  You might want to consider arranging for a longer tour that includes a visit to Eze Village (located between Monte Carlo and Nice).  And we also suggest a visit to the NIce Flower Market (this should be done in the morning) which could be done on the way to Monte Carlo.  If I were taking a tour group I would drive them from Cannes to Nice (Flower Market) and then along the coastal road to Monte Carlo.  After MC I would drive them on the Middle Corniche to Eze Village (for at least an hour visit) and then back to Cannes.  If there were more time we would also consider squeezing in a short visit to Antibes.

Hank

• Like 2