Coffee to the room

Tabanana

2 hours ago, lissie said:

Question on the room service menu here Breakfast-Room-Service-Standard.pdf (rogerjett-photography.com) it mentions milk as a beverage after tea coffee etc. Is that literally a glass of milk?  I hate creamers but I like milk in my tea/ coffee - would ordering a glass of milk and black tea/coffee solve my issue? 

If you prefer a glass of milk, simply write the word "glass" next to the milk item on the card.  Otherwise you may simply receive one of the smaller jars of it.  The jars aren't much larger than a jar of individual jam.  The jars work, but it is a downgrade from the stainless steel cream/milk containers they use to use.

You can also cross out things if you don't want them.  We ordered coffee and pastries each morning but pastries were included under the Continental Breakfast heading.  We would circle the pastries and cross out the greek yogurt as we didn't want that.  The sliced fruit is different melons.  We always got exactly what we wanted.

Just make sure you are awake and in your cabin when they arrive.  We were on our balcony one morning and didn't hear them and they had to call us and then make a second trip.  Our bad 😞

57 minutes ago, cbr663 said:

Just make sure you are awake and in your cabin when they arrive.  We were on our balcony one morning and didn't hear them and they had to call us and then make a second trip.  Our bad 😞

Yeah, it’s worth noting that the time you select can end up being +/- 15 minutes. On our last cruise, we always opted for 6am, and it almost always arrived at 5:45am. That was fine by me, I was awake. But I’m sure it could be jarring to have the steward knock 15 minutes earlier than you were expecting them. (The coffee was always fresh, delicious, and piping hot, though, so very worth it.)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, erdufylla said:

Yeah, it’s worth noting that the time you select can end up being +/- 15 minutes. On our last cruise, we always opted for 6am, and it almost always arrived at 5:45am. That was fine by me, I was awake. But I’m sure it could be jarring to have the steward knock 15 minutes earlier than you were expecting them. (The coffee was always fresh, delicious, and piping hot, though, so very worth it.)

We always like to be up earlier than the expected delivery as we like to open up the drapes and air out the cabin a little before they arrive.  Nothing worst than having to walk into a closed room where 2 people have been sleeping all night.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lissie said:

Question on the room service menu here Breakfast-Room-Service-Standard.pdf (rogerjett-photography.com) it mentions milk as a beverage after tea coffee etc. Is that literally a glass of milk?  I hate creamers but I like milk in my tea/ coffee - would ordering a glass of milk and black tea/coffee solve my issue? 

Yes, it is milk; creamer is also there, so you have a choice. If you want more than the little amount in the glass jar, you can write in "glass of milk." You can also have it warm instead of cold if you prefer, default is cold.

Rooms service coffee the past few cruises has been good and yes it is included along with an abbreviated breakfast room service menu. We always order coffee in the early am and a basket of pastries and maybe a plate of sliced fruit to get us started. I order it for 3 as opposed to 2 as we both will have 2 + cups each and I like getting the big carafe. Then we will head up to the Lido for Second Breakfast. And the coffee cream is real half and half if that is what you ask for. 

On 7/4/2023 at 4:36 PM, Haljo1935 said:

Hi - considering taking flavored liquid creamer on next cruise. Have you encountered any issues and do you take it on the ship in checked luggage or carry-on?

I get vanilla cappuccino from GDC or Explorations but am excited about ability to have nice flavored coffee w/my "pre breakfast".

No issues in 5-6 years of doing this.  We simply have the taxi driver stop at a drug or grocery store on the way to the ship.  Buy 1-2 small containers so they fit in the refer.  Love our morning coffee.

• Thanks 1