Medical Supplies - Getting to the ship - NYC

intrepid_guy

Hi all, 

We are sailing out of NYC in mid Jan. This will be our first cruise in several years and what is different is that our daughter has a physical disorder that has worsened over the years. So, we need to bring medical supplies.

We will be taking the train from Baltimore to NYC and anticipate no issue on the train, but I worry about getting from the train station to the pier. We will be 4, two adults and the kids 13 in WC and 8 yo sis that can't offer too much help. We will have luggage for 4 for 12 days... ugh and then supplies for our oldest. Bipap, O2 monitor, 12 days of liquid formula (about 60 cans) IV pole, gravity bags, meds, diapers etc. 

Has anyone had experience in this area? What do you suggest? Should we try to book something in advance? It is only a few blocks, but I am SURE we are going to need above average amount of help. Are there any services ya'll are familiar with that help with HC passengers at the terminals? Any other advice?

Intrepid <-- I'm sure there is more I am not even thinking of yet....

I would ask on the East Coast Departures Board for recommendations for limo/transport services.  Call or email some and explain your needs.  You would need a van at least.  Does the cruise line know about your special needs?  EM

• 2 weeks later...

I love taking the train for a cruise in NYC but things get a little wild in NYC.    Ask the train conductor for a Redcap, they will take your bags and find your transport.    I would hire a car as the four of you with luggage will be too much for most taxis.    I recommend Blacklane but there are numerous services in NYC and be sure and mention the WC.