An 'important' question from my 7 year old - Grand Princess

1 hour ago, Tripmode33 said:

We'll, we had the promised escargot. Excellent as usual. Enough garlic oil that we couldn't taste mushroom (by the way we love mushroom).

Strangely though, we expected it on formal night (second formal of cruise) but the traditional formal menu was offered on the night before second formal. This also happened on recent Majestic cruise.Ā  Escargot, beef Wellington, etc. night before formal. Ordinary menu formal night!Ā Ā 

We asked 'white Coat' if Lobster ever served in MDR and he said ':Alas, No!' but we've substituted giant grilled prawns . And I must say, we probably enjoyed the prawns more than lobster.

On Coral they were serving lobster in the MDR. The menu only mentioned prawns but when served there was a lobster tail as well.Ā 

Ā 

They may not have put mushrooms in your escargots. My guess is they were running out of escargot on Coral during the Round Australia cruise so "stretched" them with mushrooms. They actually stated 'mushroom" in very fine print on the menus after the first time they did that. I think they might have had a few complaints!

Ā 

I would have been quite happy if they'd had garlic mushrooms on the menu but if I order escargot I don't want to taste mushroom!

1 hour ago, Tripmode33 said:

We'll, we had the promised escargot. Excellent as usual. Enough garlic oil that we couldn't taste mushroom (by the way we love mushroom).

Strangely though, we expected it on formal night (second formal of cruise) but the traditional formal menu was offered on the night before second formal. This also happened on recent Majestic cruise.Ā  Escargot, beef Wellington, etc. night before formal. Ordinary menu formal night!Ā Ā 

We asked 'white Coat' if Lobster ever served in MDR and he said ':Alas, No!' but we've substituted giant grilled prawns . And I must say, we probably enjoyed the prawns more than lobster.

Fabulous! Ā Thank you for the update. Ā Glad that they were enjoyable, and I hope the 7 year old loves them too...a reward for being brave šŸ™‚Ā 

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

@RobinBancsyour son might like to try the twice baked goat cheese souffle if it appears on the menu one night. It is absolutely delicious, and I don't like goat cheese that much so that's saying something!

Will definitely keep that in mind. Ā We want them to feel encouraged to try new things and a cruise ship is a perfect opportunity to do so. Ā Our now ten year old discovered lobster on the last cruise we did, and without knowing it's reputation (or price) fell in love with it,

Just now, RobinBancs said:

Will definitely keep that in mind. Ā We want them to feel encouraged to try new things and a cruise ship is a perfect opportunity to do so. Ā Our now ten year old discovered lobster on the last cruise we did, and without knowing it's reputation (or price) fell in love with it,

Oh dear! Starting early with expensive tastes? šŸ¤£

On 12/10/2022 at 5:49 PM, buchhalm said:

Ahh, a man of taste.

Take him on Celebrity.Ā  Escargot are on the every day menu,Ā  as far as I know.

A great excuse to mop up garlic butter.

(The photos are from our local French bistro)

20220922_203333.jpg

20220922_202039.jpg

Also Royal Caribbean too on the daily menu!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

And WHAT is it with American ships serving bizarre cold (and often FRUIT based šŸ¤®) "soups"?

Apart from a good Gazpachio or Vichyssoise, that is a gastronomic abomination.

šŸ˜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2