2/4/23 Cairns to Benoa

Barrycat

This is turning out to be a less attractive addition to our previous segment, Auckland to Cairns. Windstar made some recent port changes, the cynical view would guess poor planning on the original ports , which left us with the new additions of Darwin, Kupang and Ende. Windstar doesn’t have any excursions on any of the three and Kupang and Ende have no “things to do” tours on Trip Advisor, rare.

Im stumped so if anyone on this on this segment found something worthwhile at any of these ports please share.

Windstars excursion at Komodo National Park is a ridiculous $399. I’ve booked one for $70 excluding pink beach. If interested post a response here.

23 hours ago, Barrycat said:

This is turning out to be a less attractive addition to our previous segment, Auckland to Cairns. Windstar made some recent port changes, the cynical view would guess poor planning on the original ports , which left us with the new additions of Darwin, Kupang and Ende. Windstar doesn’t have any excursions on any of the three and Kupang and Ende have no “things to do” tours on Trip Advisor, rare.

Im stumped so if anyone on this on this segment found something worthwhile at any of these ports please share.

Windstars excursion at Komodo National Park is a ridiculous $399. I’ve booked one for $70 excluding pink beach. If interested post a response here.

Thats crazy for the Dragon tour. 1 1/2 or 2 hours max.  Its very interesting and they do it in small groups. If we were in Darwin we would try to do a tour to Alice Springs/Ayre's Rock if there is enough time and there probably is...but it would be overnight and expensive. We can discuss both if we meet on the previous cruise.  Jack in Reno

Edited by Lvwindstar007
missing word

In October the U S Embassy confirmed that travelers to Indonesia are required to have downloaded and are using the PeduliLindungi Covid tracking app.

This is probably the most consistently defective app I have ever used and it doesn’t even deserve the two star rating it has received but apparently the Indonesian authorities don’t  care and according to the embassy it is required.

HOWEVER, a friend of mine just returned from Bali and he said that he dowloaded the app before he arrived in Indonesia but was never asked about it by officials when he was there. 
It looks like a “just in case” situation to me