Barbados flights from Birmingham

wowzz

On 12/21/2022 at 1:47 AM, wowzz said:

Thank you very much. Very useful.

Can I ask what date you could reserve seats ?

Seats went live at midnight on 22 September for our 16 December departure.  It took until 2.30am for me to get in and I did manage to get a pair.  I believe those that tried around 8.00am found little available in the pairs - on our outgoing flight spoke to several who were either in the middle or one behind the other.

3 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Seats went live at midnight on 22 September for our 16 December departure.  It took until 2.30am for me to get in and I did manage to get a pair.  I believe those that tried around 8.00am found little available in the pairs - on our outgoing flight spoke to several who were either in the middle or one behind the other.

Thank you.

That means that for our flights next year, we will be on board Britannia when seats become available for booking. That will make life interesting !

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Thank you.

That means that for our flights next year, we will be on board Britannia when seats become available for booking. That will make life interesting !

The onboard internet works better at night ...

Joking apart it was very difficult to book the seats as I think absolutely every flight was released at once. I understand it's very normal for the access to be difficult on release of the seats.

On 12/15/2022 at 3:47 PM, slug33ukuk said:

Apparently you can   or so I am told,, but get in early on.....about £40 I believe

Is that per person?

Do you keep your cabin and baggage for longer?

Just saying to understand how it works?

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

16 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Hi guys

So is it normally a late flight home from Barbados to Birmingham?

If you stay on the ship with a day pass does that include food and do you still get a transfer included to the airport?

Flight back to the UK leaves about 5:30 pm, and you still can eat on board. Transfer to airport is included.

On 12/23/2022 at 2:12 PM, Megabear2 said:

Joking apart it was very difficult to book the seats as I think absolutely every flight was released at once. I understand it's very normal for the access to be difficult on release of the seats.

On 12/23/2022 at 2:12 PM, Megabear2 said:

This year for the first time po sent email link to seat booker may be because I had booked direct for this cruise 

28 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

So they simply have a special later transfer for day pass guests?

A cruise is not like a hotel. You continue to enjoy all the amenities [apart from your cabin] until you leave the ship to join the transfer coach to the airport.

Probably around 800 to 1000 passengers will leave the ship in mid afternoon to go to the airport on the shuttle buses, that are included as part of your fare.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

A cruise is not like a hotel. You continue to enjoy all the amenities [apart from your cabin] until you leave the ship to join the transfer coach to the airport.

Probably around 800 to 1000 passengers will leave the ship in mid afternoon to go to the airport on the shuttle buses, that are included as part of your fare.

Departure day cabin prices:

Available 10.00am to 3.00pm

Inside £45

Balcony £70

Deluxe Balcony £85

Bookable from yesterday

Also tours ending t airport:

1. Farewell to Barbados leaves 10.30am arrives airport 2.30pm

2. Atlantic Hotel Farewell to Barbados leaves 10.15 am arrives airport 2.45pm

3. Copacabana Beach Club - offering a day on the beach, shower and changing facilities and trip to airport - leaves 9.30 am arrives airport 3.00pm

All of these are limited availability or sold out.

Assumedly on Arvia there would be another room available as outside.

3 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Inside £45

Balcony £70

Deluxe Balcony £85

Bookable from yesterday

3. Copacabana Beach Club - offering a day on the beach, shower and changing facilities and trip to airport - leaves 9.30 am arrives airport 3.00pm

Thanks MB.

The prices for balcony cabins are pretty hefty for just 5 hours !

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thanks MB.

The prices for balcony cabins are pretty hefty for just 5 hours !

Indeed but they are all sold, only insides available today apparently.

Comparison: early check in at Hampton by Hilton Gatwick £40 for 2 hours, late checkout 12 to 2.00pm £50!

2 hours ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

So they simply have a special later transfer for day pass guests?

I feel the term "Day pass" is a little confusing, you do not need to purchase anything to enjoy the ships facilities. The only thing that is not available is your cabin after 08:00, unless you book a "departure day cabin", as has already been said your hold luggage is put out the night before and there is a left luggage system in the morning for cabin bags etc normally in an entertainment venue. So you can leave the ship and come and go as you please and eat on board as long as you are back and have collected your left luggage in time for your transfer to the airport.

2 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Inside £45

Balcony £70

Deluxe Balcony £85

Bookable from yesterday

5 minutes ago, lanarkshire lad said:

The problem with tours that end at the airport they are timed to suit the first flight back to uk ,if  you have a later flight it could be a long time at airport 

Agreed. You would be better off going to somewhere like The Boatyard for the morning,  getting a taxi back to the ship, have a shower in the gym, and then catch the coach. Or, alternatively, get a taxi at the port and do a three hour private tour. 

So everybody transfers at same time unless going on a tour. I thought the daypass meant you stayed on longer than the others.

So it's for use of a cabin until you depart?

(I have done numerous Caribbean cruises before but never heard of daypass before. Normally we do a tour pre airport) but think we will stay on ship this time 

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

5 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

S ==So everybody transfers at same time unless going on a tour. I thought the daypass meant you stayed on longer than the others.

So it's for use of a cabin until you depart?

(I have done numerous Caribbean cruises before but never heard of bypass before. Normally we do a tour pre airport) but think we will stay on ship this time 

Everyone does not transfer to the airport at the same time unless your on a tour that ends at the airport , other people may know when day cabins are to be vacated ,you can also use the showers in the spa to freshen up before the bus leaves for the airport approximately 3hr before flight 

• Like 1

We do the tour as you arrive before the crowds.  There's usually around 2 hours 45 at the airport. The cruise passenger queue avoids the main line for the airport and we are generally through in 15 minutes so do our cricket shopping and buy our rum.  Of course if the flight's delayed we may be there a while. As my OH cannot handle crowds due to health issues we find this works for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

We do the tour as you arrive before the crowds.  There's usually around 2 hours 45 at the airport. The cruise passenger queue avoids the main line for the airport and we are generally through in 15 minutes so do our cricket shopping and buy our rum.  Of course if the flight's delayed we may be there a while. As my OH cannot handle crowds due to health issues we find this works for us.

I guess the big issue is if the incoming flight is late. 

If you are on the tour, you get to the airport, and may have to wait for a long time in the terminal.

If you are on the ship, you can use the buffet,  sit on deck etc, until the aircraft arrival time is confirmed. 

What happens,  for example,  if the incoming aircraft is 10 hours late. Do you stay in the airport for all that time?  

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1