Change in price since booking? Should I wait for further price drop?

LauraAnneC

Hi all, 

im sailing on the Getaway on 6 February. They’re a €400 price drop since I booked. In your experience from precious cruises can I expect a further drop or do prices sometimes rise as we get closer to sailing?

Thanks in advance,

Laura

One in the hand is worth two in the bush. How much of a discount are you looking at now?

It's work but why not just do it every single time there's a significant price decrease? You'd kick yourself if the price goes back up.

FWIW, last September, I booked a Carribean cruise embarking in spring 2023. The price went down once.. and has basically stayed the same through different promotions but hte price has basically been the same since the price drop.

1 hour ago, LauraAnneC said:

Because I’m in Europe and have a €180 surcharge on any change I make so I’ll probably only be able to do it once. 

Plus you're past final payment so you can only do it once, unless the rules are different for European bookings.  It's going to be in the form of OBC, not a cash refund 

It depends on your cabin you're booked in. I'm past final payment for my next trip. Price went down, I said it wasn't worth it yet to call for my 1-time FCC bonus and waited. Now my category of cabin is sold out, so no more potential price drops for me at all. If you're happy with the amount saved, just do it.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

Plus you're past final payment so you can only do it once, unless the rules are different for European bookings.  It's going to be in the form of OBC, not a cash refund 

It’s different for Europe. My final payment date is 1/7/23

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LauraAnneC said:

It’s different for Europe. My final payment date is 1/7/23

in that case do it now!

there's no penalty to call everyday to get $ back till final payment.

then a week before sailing, call to get future obc if price drops more

35 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

in that case do it now!

there's no penalty to call everyday to get $ back till final payment.

then a week before sailing, call to get future obc if price drops more

But the OP said there is a change fee, so it only makes sense to do it if the savings is more than the fee 

2 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

But the OP said there is a change fee, so it only makes sense to do it if the savings is more than the fee 

wait what?

there's a fee to get back $ before final payment???

so basically there is no final payment date. 

no matter how early (even years), you're past final payment already

On 12/17/2022 at 8:14 AM, fox02554 said:

we are right at 60 days out , did a mock booking last weekend , cruise fare down $1000 ( total for the 4 of us ) TA call NCL they offered 50% FCC or a bump up to 2 bedroom HAVEN 😄

We tried this- they told us since we have the airfare no FCC or OBC will be offered after the 75 day mark.  We were at 55 days when I called.  Ours went down $400 in one week. We are already in a 2 bedroom (we started in a club but changed our minds and paid to upgrade 5 days before this big price drop)…  Oh well- lesson learned that if you are going to change your mind and pay to upgrade wait until closer in as long as rooms remain (8 cabins still remain today in that category).  We had been told not to worry because if they dropped we could get OBC / FCC…. And that wasn’t true due to the air.   Not a big complaint , as we are still happy with our room choice - just letting people know for their info.   

4 hours ago, Figg1437 said:

We tried this- they told us since we have the airfare no FCC or OBC will be offered after the 75 day mark.  We were at 55 days when I called.  Ours went down $400 in one week. We are already in a 2 bedroom (we started in a club but changed our minds and paid to upgrade 5 days before this big price drop)…  Oh well- lesson learned that if you are going to change your mind and pay to upgrade wait until closer in as long as rooms remain (8 cabins still remain today in that category).  We had been told not to worry because if they dropped we could get OBC / FCC…. And that wasn’t true due to the air.   Not a big complaint , as we are still happy with our room choice - just letting people know for their info.   

Thanks for this because today I booked a B2B and for the first time NCL air.

Didn’t realize no FCC if price drops due to air add on.

Are you considering dropping your air to qualify for the large price drop in cabin?

Or is there a “locked in” date?

19 hours ago, Figg1437 said:

We tried this- they told us since we have the airfare no FCC or OBC will be offered after the 75 day mark. 

we have the air promo , never came up in the disscusion , I think the bigged difrence is " Travel Agent " called NCL , I didn't ask what the offered amount of FFC was because after COVID i'm sick of dealing with FFC m besides already had bids in for haven upgraded 😄 

20 hours ago, snorklinbarb said:

Thanks for this because today I booked a B2B and for the first time NCL air.

Didn’t realize no FCC if price drops due to air add on.

Are you considering dropping your air to qualify for the large price drop in cabin?

Or is there a “locked in” date?

It’s too late to drop for my current sailing in Feb- but I’m planning to drop off my 2024 sailing as we get closer and I can shop the air myself.