Confused about who gets concierge service

jonsurg

I am booked in an AF on the POAM. Does that qualify for concierge?:confused: :) :)

I don't believe so. When I pull up details on an AF it doesn't show the concierge being available. AF on POAM is a Family Suite while AF on the Dawn is a mini-suite.

How does it work? Do you call a certin number to ask for his/her services? Or do they contact you? Can you use the concierge service to make dinner reservations when you first board?

Thanks for the help

How does it work? Do you call a certain number to ask for his/her services? Or do they contact you? Can you use the concierge service to make dinner reservations when you first board?

Thanks for the help

You might meet your concierge at the pier when you board. If not, there will be a letter in your cabin explaining the duties and phone number of your concierge...Just pick up the phone and ask for any questions you might have . Yes you can use the concierge to make reservations when you first board. I would suggest you make reservations just for the first night and then go day by day for the rest of your trip...

We are on the Jewel for the return trip in the Fall...enjoy

We are booked onto the dawn in an AF mini-suite. Does that qualify for concierge service or not

Thanks

Chris

There's a button the phone in your cabin to contact the Concierge.

His office is on the Deck 7 on the starboard side before you enter Pearly Kings Pub

Happy Sailing,

Monty

We are booked onto the dawn in an AF mini-suite. Does that qualify for concierge service or not

Thanks

Chris

Never had any contact with our concierge on the Star recently. No letter from them either. We were in an AF. I have heard that they are stretched and are kept busy by the 'better grade' cabins! Make the restaurant bookings yourself - easier and you can rest in the knowledge that it has been done!

Never had any contact with our concierge on the Star recently. No letter from them either. We were in an AF. I have heard that they are stretched and are kept busy by the 'better grade' cabins! Make the restaurant bookings yourself - easier and you can rest in the knowledge that it has been done!

We have never had a suite but have had VIP treatment a couple of times. One time a letter was in our room from the concierne welcoming us. When we needed special reservations or whatever we went to the purser and asked to speak with Ray. He wasn't in so we just dropped him a note a little $$. From then on he was at our service. Sometimes we do have to make the effort. On Celebrity recently we never saw our concierne and really had no reason to use him even though we paid for the services. When we had Carlos on the Sea he had a special meeting for all of us right after the muster drill. He explained his services, gave us advise about the ship and was always available for us. He even visited us each afternoon just to see how our day had gone. It appears each one handles the situation differently. NMnita

Archived