Hawaii best time cruise line

carlp

I would be doing some serious reading here for a couple reasons...first because "best" is totally subjective, and there is no one "best" for everyone. Second reason, there are a number of choices in routes...7 day around Hawaii (NCL only), 10 day one way to or from Vancouver, or 15-18 day round trips from various West Coast ports.

The cruise lines you are familiar with will have similar products on this cruise. So what you like about XXX cruise line, you will still see on a Hawaii cruise.

You want a sea condition report for 12 months? Really? First, the trips from West Coast to Hawaii generally only run October to April. (Noted, Princess has at least one summer cruise. Second, seas can be rough any time, anywhere. Third, it is commonly discussed here that the first 48 hours or so departing the West Coast, and the last 48 hours returning to the West Coast, can be a bit rough at times.

Excursions are ALL about your interests. What is "best" is what interests you.

I completely agree with Cruiser Bruce.  "Best" is very subjective. Last September we went to Hawaii for 

the first time in 45 years.  I contacted the "Hawaii Visitor and Convention Bureau" and "Go Hawaii" to get current information about things to see and do there.  Our mode of transportation was a 11 night cruise from Vancouver, BC to Honolulu.  The seas were fine except for day 2 which was a little rough.

Contact the bureaus I provided to get the free information about Hawaii and have a wonderful time there. Good luck!

I'd do Princess or Carnival from LA (14-16 days) from Los Angeles or Holland American from San Diego, 15 days.

Excursions depend on your interests, but to me, Volcano National Park and Hawaii Island and a small boat whale watching on Maui (in season) are two of the top ones.

On 12/16/2022 at 6:08 PM, carlp said:

Looking for several answers - best time to go - how is the Pacific in each month - which cruise line

- best number of days - best excursions 

No way to answer any of those without knowing more about the make-up of who is cruising; will this be your first Hawaii trip; do you have plans to return to Hawaii and more.

I live in So Cal so I am always going to use LA ports. If I took my great-grandkids, I might pick Carnival (while wincing, not my favorite CL), Princess would be good for them as well (and better for me). I'd also consider the 8 Day from Vancouver on the Quantum of the Sea for the great-grandkids, but all 8 live in So Cal so it seems silly when we all go to Hawaii a lot and we can do great family ships in LA.

I've cruised from San Francisco and going under the Golden Gate Bridge is great, but SF is always cold (as in "the coldest winter I ever experienced was summer in San Francisco").

The trips from Vancouver are one way, 8-14 days and I like Celebrity, Norwegian and Royal Caribbean, but I can get their ships easier in CA or WA.