Is it possible to drop "free" beverage package after final payment?

Birdnutty

I'm having second thoughts about the beverage package part of the Free at Sea Promotion.  We've already paid for all of it, including the gratuities for this "free" perk.  But now, we find that DH isn't really supposed to drink much, and the beverage package just makes it too tempting to resist.  I don't really need it either  🙄.  Does anyone know if I can remove that perk and get the gratuities that were part of the cruise fare invoice refunded?  Our sailing doesn't happen for a month yet.

@Birdnutty - from what I knew (earlier this year) and recall, yes you can change the mix of FAS promo up until 1 or 2 days before embarkation, call into NCL, ASAP and request the change & adjustment.   Be sure to request an updated confirmation/amenity summary that reflect the changes.  We always declined the beverage package options, called into NCL to discuss making other changes associated with another link cabin and the agent tried to upsell us on packages - and told me, we are change our pick up close & almost until our sail date then, no penalty or fees, etc. making the adjustments.  Of course, YMMV and I'm sure the disclosure and fine prints are somewhere in the long & detailed cruise doc/contract that we "agreed" to ... subject to changes set by NCL, yada yada.  

Since the DSC is going up next month, instead of requesting a refund, maybe you want to ask the agent to apply/transfer the difference in reduced gratuities toward the DSC directly ... prepaid the rest & you are done.   

Let us know here on your success, good luck and happy & healthy cruising next month.  

Edited by mking8288

38 minutes ago, Birdnutty said:

Thanks for your reply.  I made the reservation through a TA.  So I'm figuring I'd have to go through them to request this change, yes?

You should be able to make that change by calling NCL yourself.