Does Carnival reassign GTY staterooms?

CruiseMountain1

Morning all, 

First time on Carnival, I usually sail on NCL and others.

I know some cruise lines will reassign a GTY stateroom after assignment; does Carnival do the same?

I have an upcoming sailing aboard Spirit and assigned an extended balcony, I feel like I hit the GTY lottery and am hoping to stay where I'm currently assigned.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CruiseMountain1 said:

I have an upcoming sailing aboard Spirit and assigned an extended balcony, I feel like I hit the GTY lottery and am hoping to stay where I'm currently assigned.

First time booking GTY for us ... do you mind sharing when you booked, when it was assigned, and when is your cruise ?  Mine hasn't been assigned yet, and I'm only seeing 4 cabins left available on the ship. 

On 12/18/2022 at 5:44 PM, angela12345 said:

First time booking GTY for us ... do you mind sharing when you booked, when it was assigned, and when is your cruise ?  Mine hasn't been assigned yet, and I'm only seeing 4 cabins left available on the ship. 

When you get your assignment is going to depend on some combination of how well that sailing is selling, how well your guaranteed cabin class is selling, when you booked, and how many other rooms they need to assign. I did a GTY for my upcoming cruise in January and got my assignment about 60 days out (and then scored a super cheap upgrade to an even better room two weeks later), however, you may not know until you check in at the port. I've heard others sometimes get their assignment within days to a week of booking.

Also keep in mind that just because you can only see 4 available cabins, doesn't mean that's all that's actually available - Carnival only shows a handful of cabins at a time to someone who is looking. Any type of deal you're looking at can also change how many cabins are available. And then there are groups of cabins that get reserved for various TA's that can get released at any time if that TA doesn't sell all the cabins they had on hold.