Miami post-cruise

kdkcruiser

Just found out today American Airlines moved our return flight in April from 1:40 to 7:40pm.

As we are travelling with family that has a ten month old hanging out at the airport or taking a tour after we leave the ship is not an option.  Anyone know of hotels that give a day rate ie 8am to 6pm?

I was just about to ask the same thing...I got a good rate on a direct flight home (Hartford) on Sun Feb 11th which doesn't leave until 7:45.

In a pinch, I might go back to my pre-cruise hotel, which is right near the airport, but obviously Miami Beach (or perhaps downtown Miami) would be a more interesting and pleasant place to spend the day after debarkation.

Wouldn't need to be anything fancy, since I would probably want to just leave the major luggage there for the day and wander around...Any suggestions would be welcome!

Evening all. 

So our flights back to the uk, check in is around 2pm, so from getting off the ship we will have 4-5 hrs to kill with luggage. 

Will prob go to Dolphin Mall to do some last min shopping and food. Has anyone 

A, Been to dolphin Mall, is it any good?

B, Used the luggage lockers in the Mall? Easy to use? Cash or card?

Finally, who do you generally tip in the US. Uber drivers? Cruise port attendants? Shuttle bus drivers? (Not replies about cruise tipping please)

I have no idea being english and do not want to get ripped off or also offend people but not tipping those who you generally would.  

Thanks all.

Dolphin Mall?  Don't waste your time, seriously!  If you want a mall, go to Sawgrass Mills.  It's huge and there's 10 times more to do there and closer than Dolphin Mall.  Don't know about any luggage lockers though - never seen any there.  Everyone in the US expects a tip.  You'll get attitude, especially in Florida, if you don't tip.

9 hours ago, Diver2014 said:

Dolphin Mall?  Don't waste your time, seriously!  If you want a mall, go to Sawgrass Mills.  It's huge and there's 10 times more to do there and closer than Dolphin Mall.  Don't know about any luggage lockers though - never seen any there.  Everyone in the US expects a tip.  You'll get attitude, especially in Florida, if you don't tip.

Thanks for the reply. We are flying out of MIami not FLL so dolphin mall much closer to the cruise port and airport. 

And thanks for the info about tips.