Dollar Taxi to/from Havensight Cruise Pier to Brewers Bay Beach?

themm20

Hi, on St. Thomas for  cruise  stop 12pm to 8pm on a Sunday in January. Getting to Brewers Bay Beach looks reasonable by bus/dollar taxi. Research suggests public bus not reliable & may not run Sunday. Have used dollar taxis in Barbados & we're ok with them. Where best to pick up a Dollar taxi near cruise port (Havensight Port I believe)  to go to Brewers Bay-do they run Sundays & about how often? Is getting one for return trip easy? Looks like getting dropped at University of VI it's a reasonable walk to beach area.  Any recent experience/tips with the Dollar Taxis appreciated!

Also, is it easy to get a taxi for the return trip from brewers Beach/University area if necessary? ( not sure if we'll have a usable phone)

Thanks for any info!

• 1 year later...

We were just there and taxi stand discouraged us because they said there’s no taxi stand there. We had started out late so took a taxi to Coki Beach instead, which was beautiful and had lots of fish around the rocks.

But our next trip there I plan to start out early and walk down to the rental car business and have them call a taxi to get back to the ship,

Ms411 why didn’t you just give the info?

Running, I remember reading it, but don't remember what it said. I also wasn't sure if the response was accurate, so didn't want to be responsible for misinformation.

I have seen taxi drivers discourage people from going to Brewers, too. Imo, the best way to get there is to rent a car for the day. Easy to drive to and you can see more of that side of the island.

• Thanks 1