Norwegian can’t find a flight??

Trip1317

First time Norwegian, took advantage of the 2 for 1 flight. Not sure it was a good idea, but such is life.

We just got notice of our flights.  They are as expected, red eye out, and 3 flights back.  My question is about the flight booking back.  They claim that there are no flights out on disembarkation day, so they booked us on flights the next day.  Here’s what I’m wondering:  are they not responsible for paying for the extra nights accommodation because they couldn’t find a way to get us home?  They tell us that we are responsible for finding a place to stay.

I’m a bit irked by this. If this is standard practice, fine.  Or are they taking advantage of our ignorance?  Comments, anyone?

I dont know policy but the first I would do is verify what they are saying is true. I would look at any possible combination.

I think this is the place to start.

If there are flights then I would send them to NCL and request you be put on one of them as thats what you had booked with them.

I see no reference in the terms they can just book you a day later but first things first check if there are any flights that exist.

1 hour ago, Trip1317 said:

First time Norwegian, took advantage of the 2 for 1 flight. Not sure it was a good idea, but such is life.

We just got notice of our flights.  They are as expected, red eye out, and 3 flights back.  My question is about the flight booking back.  They claim that there are no flights out on disembarkation day, so they booked us on flights the next day.  Here’s what I’m wondering:  are they not responsible for paying for the extra nights accommodation because they couldn’t find a way to get us home?  They tell us that we are responsible for finding a place to stay.

I’m a bit irked by this. If this is standard practice, fine.  Or are they taking advantage of our ignorance?  Comments, anyone?

Not certain where your flying to/from.   If you coming out of Alberta I would check the options on WestJet or Air Canada and then ask them to put you on the return.   

There are some ultra-low-cost airlines like Swoop and Flair that operate into Alberta.  However those don't support connections and NCL tends to avoid those types of airlines.

Usually your on the hock for hotels if needed.