Room AC outlet question

raphael360

How many AC outlets are in the Cabins/Rooms and are they 110 volt or 220 volt or both?

I'm in a "inside - solo"  cabin.  I'm asking because Seabourn ships on have one 110 volt outlet (3 - 220 volt outlets).

Thanks fellow sailors :)

By the desk, there is one US (110), one European (220?) and NO UK outlets as well as 2 USB ports.  On either side of the bed there was 1 US outlet and 2 USB ports.  NOTE there is no outlet of any sort in the bathroom.  We were told this was for "safety" reasons.  

Excellent info cantgetin - thank you.  And as expected 🙂

As a former Apple employee I know the importance of using only MFI certified chargers and cables to maximize the health and battery life of my iPhone and iPad so I always bring my own chargers, which also means 'more outlets required'.  How many AC outlets does one need?  Answer: "More" 🙂

• Like 1

I just read the FAQs which said multi plug power cords are prohibited so I'm bringing my 110 and 220 chargers.  Sometimes it's the 'where are the outlets located' question. The only 110 plug on Seabourn was near the floor under a table.  Very awkward to get on all fours to plug in ones iPhone.

Power cords with surge protectors are not allowed.  I brought a couple of multi-slot outlets and ended up not needing them at all.  THe ones I brought were specifically labeled as not having surge protectors, designed to meet cruise line requirements, but I'm the only person who saw that.  They didn't have a cord, just a way to extend the number of outlets.  But again, we were fine without it.

On 12/27/2022 at 6:44 AM, raphael360 said:

I just read the FAQs which said multi plug power cords are prohibited so I'm bringing my 110 and 220 chargers.  Sometimes it's the 'where are the outlets located' question. The only 110 plug on Seabourn was near the floor under a table.  Very awkward to get on all fours to plug in ones iPhone.

USB hubs are the way to go if you're trying to charge up USB based devices. I've been using a 10 port USB Hub for years now. 1 power outlet charges my GoPros, Phones, Kindle, and every other USB based device. No worries about the power strip ban. In fact I just posted a YT short about it yesterday from Symphony OTS.  https://youtube.com/shorts/a8OxObu-CZE

10 hours ago, WheresWalter said:

USB hubs are the way to go if you're trying to charge up USB based devices. I've been using a 10 port USB Hub for years now. 1 power outlet charges my GoPros, Phones, Kindle, and every other USB based device. No worries about the power strip ban. In fact I just posted a YT short about it yesterday from Symphony OTS.  https://youtube.com/shorts/a8OxObu-CZE

Excellent suggestion. Thanks 🙂

• Like 1