Morning Room service - is there a charge for coffee?

BarbieGee

10 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

Nice idea, thanks

I'll also order room service early on so that I have a tray to utilize in the buffet, if I'm heading up there for both Cheryl and myself. I just keep it out of sight in our cabin during the cruise so that our cabin steward doesn't whisk it away.

Tom

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Room service (most anything?) is at N/C for those in Excel suites. Assuming that it is processed/credited properly - it was not "automatic" on our first couple of sailings, and required me following up with GS.

Tom

Tom, what are EXCEL Suites? TIA

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

Nope , they don't want people burning down the ships.

LOL - yep, apparently that's just an issue that Carnival perceives that their guests would have, Most other lines offer them in their rooms, some with pretty nice setups. On Celebrity we had both a coffee maker and a tea kettle in our room.

Tom

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

LOL - yep, apparently that's just an issue that Carnival perceives that their guests would have, Most other lines offer them in their rooms, some with pretty nice setups. On Celebrity we had both a coffee maker and a tea kettle in our room.

Tom

Never understood why Carnival didn't include a coffee maker in their suites like other lines do.  There aren't that many suites and there's plenty of room.  Probably didn't want the cabin stewards to have to keep them clean and resupplied.  Too bad. 

5 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

Never understood why Carnival didn't include a coffee maker in their suites like other lines do.  There aren't that many suites and there's plenty of room.  Probably didn't want the cabin stewards to have to keep them clean and resupplied.  Too bad. 

No doubt they think - well, if they want upscale amenities, move on up to some of our other lines under our umbrella. I'm just guessing here, but does anyone know if HAL or Princess offer coffee makers in the rooms, at least in suites? 

Now, if they'd actually encourage people to move among their lines - that would be another good (company) move... but, they don't.

Not that it comes with any great perks, but after booking our first MSC cruise (giving them a try in April), we were able to match to their Gold level right off the bat, owing to our VIFP level with Carnival. Our second sailing on Royal had us at their Diamond level, thanks to the tier we had achieved at that point with Celebrity... that's keeping the money "in house".

Tom

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

No doubt they think - well, if they want upscale amenities, move on up to some of our other lines under our umbrella. I'm just guessing here, but does anyone know if HAL or Princess offer coffee makers in the rooms, at least in suites? 

Not that it comes with any great perks, but after booking our first MSC cruise (giving them a try in April), we were able to match to their Gold level right off the bat, owing to our VIFP level with Carnival. Our second sailing on Royal had us at their Diamond level, thanks to the tier we had achieved at that point with Celebrity... that's keeping the money "in house".

Tom

I've never been on Hal, so don't have info on that.  Princess doesn't have coffee in cabin for mini-suites like Royal does.  I don't remember seeing one in our friend's full suite, either.

Curious to hear about your MSC cruise.  We almost booked the yacht club on their new ship out of Port Canaveral but chickened out.  We are going on our first Celebrity cruise next year and with Royal's tier match we will start out as Elite.  Nice perk!      

• Like 1