Getting refund if cruise becomes cheaper?

stephanieonacruise

1 minute ago, stephanieonacruise said:

Hello! I booked an NCL cruise for late January and already submitted final payment. Is there a way to get a partial refund if the cruise drops in price on the website? Could I do this anytime before the cruise if so?

Call NCL and ask.  However, you will NOT get a "cash refund".  You might be offered an upgrade (if available) for additional costs.  Or, possibly, an Onboard Credit (NON-REFUNDABLE).

• Like 2

Remember, you got to choose your room when you booked, as cruises get closer to sailing dates prices sometimes go down to fill the ship. Don't be disappointed at this date if NCL does not do anything for you. If the price had gone up would you want them to bill you the difference?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, stephanieonacruise said:

Hello! I booked an NCL cruise for late January and already submitted final payment. Is there a way to get a partial refund if the cruise drops in price on the website? Could I do this anytime before the cruise if so?

I was in a similar situation a few weeks ago.  Price dropped less than 10 days after I made final payment.  My TA was able to get Future Cruise Credits equal to the price drop.   The FCC will not be awarded until after I complete the cruise.  Therefore it will apply to any future cruises.  

FYI,  NCL first claimed my category was sold out therefore there could not have been a price drop. My TA pointed out that NCL was still advertising my category for sale on their website.  That got the FCC.

NCL said this was a one time only compensation, that I could only do this once per cruise.  The amount was several hundred.

• Like 2

You can possibly get FCC IF the current FAS are exactly the same.  For instance, I booked when the deal was 40% off each passenger, later, prices dropped but the promo was 80% off the second passenger, so they would not give the new price.

we forget that when airlines drop prices they never entertain the possibility of a price adjustment.  Apply for the drop, but don’t be disappointed if they say no.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

Call NCL and ask.  However, you will NOT get a "cash refund".  You might be offered an upgrade (if available) for additional costs.  Or, possibly, an Onboard Credit (NON-REFUNDABLE).

Currently, any price adjustment is FCC, not OBC.  So you need to spend more money, in most cases anyway, on another cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1