Light on Aft Balcony of Vision Class

jacobtsf

My wife and I will be cruising on Rhapsody in March in an aft balcony room with our 3 year old toddler. We plan on spending time on our balcony with books and wine after putting her to bed every night. Is there enough light out there for this, or should we plan on bringing some led lights with us?

Our only other experience with any balcony was a Central Park balcony on Allure. We were one floor under the pool deck and there was plenty of light to read by. But this room is obviously different in many ways. 

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

This might depend on how good your eyes are at reading in somewhat low light conditions. 

Fair. On Allure it was bright enough to read comfortably without straining. Are you suggesting it is probably best to bring some lights?

We had an aft balcony on Mariner and there was a lot of light for our eyes’ comfort. We have been on other ships where the balcony lights have not been great. You never can predict what you’ll get. If it’s that important to you, I’d suggest bringing a light just in case. FWIW, we have shifted to Kindles instead of books because they have backlights (in addition to several other reasons). Makes it so we don’t have to worry about lighting anymore.