Coverage for Itinerary Change - Visa Costs

majmaj4

Holland America just changed the itinerary of my trip, so we are no longer going to India.  The India visa I purchased for the trip was $240.  

I scanned my travel insurance and didn't see where this would be covered.... but has anyone had success finding any clauses that would cover costs associated with an itinerary change.    I have AIG Travel Guard annual policy, and Chase Sapphire Reserve.

Thanks for any hints on what clauses to look for....

If your policies had such coverage it would be a line-item in the schedule of benefits. 

Nationwide has some cruise-specific polices that cover itinerary changes but only if they occur after departure, and coverage is only for missed prepaid nonrefundable shore excursions.

I don’t think any travel insurance will reimburse for a visa that turns out to be unneccessary.

8 hours ago, majmaj4 said:

Holland America just changed the itinerary of my trip, so we are no longer going to India.  The India visa I purchased for the trip was $240.  

I scanned my travel insurance and didn't see where this would be covered.... but has anyone had success finding any clauses that would cover costs associated with an itinerary change.    I have AIG Travel Guard annual policy, and Chase Sapphire Reserve.

Thanks for any hints on what clauses to look for....

Hi majmaj4,

The coverage to look for is commonly called "Pre-Departure Itinerary Change".

Steve Dasseos