Port times in St. Thomas/Crown Bay…off and on the ship

Bella0714

Hi, everyone. My wife and I will be on Grandeur of the Seas on January 18. The port time is 8 a.m.-6 p.m. I'm assuming all-aboard time will be 5:30 p.m.; is that usually correct? As for getting off the ship in the morning, does Royal Caribbean let everyone get off at once or do people with excursions have priority. I'm asking because we might want to make the 9 a.m. Red Hook ferry to St. John, but the next ferry isn't until 10, and if we don't get off in time to make the 9 a.m. Red Hook ferry, we might as well take the 10 a.m. Charlotte Amalie ferry. On the return, we'll just take the 4:15 ferry to Crown Bay.

Thanks,

Dave

11 minutes ago, Bella0714 said:

Hi, everyone. My wife and I will be on Grandeur of the Seas on January 18. The port time is 8 a.m.-6 p.m. I'm assuming all-aboard time will be 5:30 p.m.; is that usually correct? As for getting off the ship in the morning, does Royal Caribbean let everyone get off at once or do people with excursions have priority. I'm asking because we might want to make the 9 a.m. Red Hook ferry to St. John, but the next ferry isn't until 10, and if we don't get off in time to make the 9 a.m. Red Hook ferry, we might as well take the 10 a.m. Charlotte Amalie ferry. On the return, we'll just take the 4:15 ferry to Crown Bay.

Thanks,

Dave

Since St Thomas isn't a tender port there isn't any priority disembarking for those with shore excursions. Either wait for the first general announcement for all going ashore or stand in line and wait for the doors to be opened to go ashore. 

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies. We’re trying to decide what to do that day. A ship with 5500 passengers gets in an hour before us, then a ship with 3500 gets in two hours after us and another with 4000 another hour and a half after that, so it’s a busy day. We’ve never been to Megan’s Bay, but I’m wondering if we could get a few hours of relatively uncrowded beach before the 10:00 cruise arrives or if the combination of our ship and the ship with 5000 is going to make for zoo-like conditions even without the other two ships. But I’m sure Trunk Bay will be pretty crowded, too, so I’m not sure if Trunk will be much of an escape.

• Like 1