How to get to Arles from Aix or Avignon for an April Grand France cruise on Uniworld.

ilenea

SO ... my river cruise was supposed to depart from Avignon, therefore, I booked a beautiful spa hotel for a few days and planned on just getting a taxi to the boat. I just found out today that they are now going to embark in Arles.  I'd appreciate suggestions on how to get to Arles from either Avignon or Aix-en-Provence.  

I will be taking a train from Amsterdam to either Avignon or Aix on a Friday preceding a cruise departing on a Sunday. Getting by train from Amsterdam to Arles is difficult, so I'd really prefer to stay in Avignon or Aix.

Sorry for rambling, I had everything planned until Uniworld switched the embarkation point (without notifying me, by the way!).

5 hours ago, ilenea said:

SO ... my river cruise was supposed to depart from Avignon, therefore, I booked a beautiful spa hotel for a few days and planned on just getting a taxi to the boat. I just found out today that they are now going to embark in Arles.  I'd appreciate suggestions on how to get to Arles from either Avignon or Aix-en-Provence.  

I will be taking a train from Amsterdam to either Avignon or Aix on a Friday preceding a cruise departing on a Sunday. Getting by train from Amsterdam to Arles is difficult, so I'd really prefer to stay in Avignon or Aix.

Sorry for rambling, I had everything planned until Uniworld switched the embarkation point (without notifying me, by the way!).

There are direct trains (not the TGV) that make that trip. Arles isn't far and the trip takes less than 30 minutes. 

You can search SNFC-Connect, very easy and looks like lots of trains (I just tried Arles to Aix-en-Province). Looks like ti will be a 2 hr trip. Lucky you actually, you will get to see some sights you wouldn't have probably if your embarkment hadn't been changed. 🙂