Rolling Rock Room playlist

Balliett

We are just back from Christmas on the Koningdam.  We have been on three cruises this year with a Rolling Stone Rock Room group.  They seem well chosen by someone because they have all been personable and good rockers. They always fill the room + for their 45 minute sets.  Here are some selections they played for us, usually extended version covers of these tunes:

The Chicken  Jaco Pantorius

No sunshine when she's gone  Bill Withers

I shot the sheriff   Eric Clapton

Running on empty  Jackson Brown

The Wizard Black Sabbath

Rebel Rebel David Bowie

A town called malice  The Jam

I still haven't found what I'm looking for  U-2

Rocking all over the world  Jon Fogerty

• Like 1

Just wondering if they actually played the harmonica for The Wizard?

Also, somebody just posted this video of the band from the Rotterdam playing Comfortably Numb (get past the keyboardist's vocals, and you'll be very impressed).

Edited by PACD_JG
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, PACD_JG said:

Also, somebody just posted this video of the band from the Rotterdam playing Comfortably Numb (get past the keyboardist's vocals, and you'll be very impressed).

I watched them some last week. I thought they were solid.  The guy could do Petty/Springsteen/Clapton type stuff and she did the higher pitched things well.  

were you able to to catch their later sets? could they take any requests?  I'd have loved to see some ballroom blitz, but I'm not sure how much they are allowed (or able) to deviate from standard play lists.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Balliett said:

We are just back from Christmas on the Koningdam.  We have been on three cruises this year with a Rolling Stone Rock Room group.  They seem well chosen by someone because they have all been personable and good rockers. They always fill the room + for their 45 minute sets.  Here are some selections they played for us, usually extended version covers of these tunes:

The Wizard Black Sabbath

Rebel Rebel David Bowie

Nice! Much closer to my age group than the music BB Kings play. Although I had a lot of fun at the BB Kings' show, it was closer to my parents music.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 12:16 PM, PACD_JG said:

Get past all their vocals.... LMAO.  Yikes.  Still entertaining, but the falsetto/female stinks.  All of them are pitchy.  They really need to tune their voices and instruments better.  Also good cover bands really try to mimic even the solos, the guitar player was no where near close.  They should put that song away for a while.

I wont let it affect my opinion of NS.  After all I have already paid.

😉

On 12/31/2022 at 12:02 PM, Balliett said:

The Wizard Black Sabbath

Rebel Rebel David Bowie

It is Jaco Pastorius and it is very far from Rock and Roll.

1/2 of those songs seem like really odd choices.  Interesting, but odd.  Be interesting to see what else they play and how often they duplicate.