Spain, Morocco, Canary Islands??????

sunlover5

We have a reservation on hold for this cruise Nov28 till Dec.9.  Anyone having been on this cruise how will the weather be at this time?  Any tips for precruise in Barcelona?  We are thinking of doing it for our 45th anniversary trip.  I appreciate any information you can give me both the positives and negatives.  We would be sailing on the Infinity.  Thank you very much.

Barcelona is a beautiful city for pre and post cruise - We have been there many times. Arrange to stay several days if you can.  Most people stay near Placa Catalunya and La Rambla.

We prefer the Sheraton Four Points in Poblenou, a few miles away and it’s much cheaper.  I have emailed the front desk prior to our trips about specific queries and always gotten a timely response.  They also have a nice breakfast buffet and the staff is wonderful. https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/bcnfp-four-points-by-sheraton-barcelona-diagonal/overview/  They are at the tip of another “Rambla” though much more local and less touristy. 

1. There is so much to see and experience.  The HoHo buses are great for an extensive overview of the city. The mass transit (subway, tram, funicular, train) is also easy to use and they have inexpensive multi-day passes. 

2. Among many sites, we have particularly enjoyed La Sagrada Familia and wandering the old Gothic Quarter. 

Barcelona is an amazing city and you will enjoy whatever time you spend there. 

• Like 1

Regarding the Canary Islands… We stopped there on a the Apex TA two years ago in October.  The weather was great and the two Celebrity excursions we did were very enjoyable (this was during COVID and all wearing 😷).  One was to Teide National Park and the old lava fields.  I would enjoy another return to the Canaries…

• Like 1

I've done the cruise a couple times.     Weather in late November can be on the chilly side 55-65 in Spain and Morocco.   Chilly but perfect for touring.    Generally a sweatshirt will suffice early morning and can be removed as the day warms.

As you head South the temperatures will raise.   Again not hot but probably in the range of 60-70.

In my humble opinion the must do in Barcelona is visit Sagrada de Familia and Gaudi Park.   Also the Rambla is always interesting but be on high alert for pick pockets.     Off the Rambla explore Old Town and the many small streets with lots of character. 

• Like 4