Is anyone sailing on the Paradise this month? Needing a current review.

BarbieGee

If anyone is sailing on the Paradise this month, I'd love to see a review of the ship. Food quality. Service quality. Cabin quality, etc. 

We will be sailing out on Feb 6th and I am hoping food and service are up to top quality. So much has been said these past months that food portions, menu degrading, wait times for service in the MDR has been below standards. I was hoping these issues would be resolved in the new year.

I am looking forward to sailing this lovely older elegant lady for the first time. 🥰

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was on Paradise in December. I had zero issues and it exceeded my expectations for an older/smaller ship. The serenity area was smaller than most I’ve been on, and no dive in movies. But the staff, food and entertainment was great.perhaps some food portions were smaller, but I was never in danger of leaving the table hungry. If you have other questions I’ll answer if I can.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Shell557 said:

I was on Paradise in December. I had zero issues and it exceeded my expectations for an older/smaller ship. The serenity area was smaller than most I’ve been on, and no dive in movies. But the staff, food and entertainment was great.perhaps some food portions were smaller, but I was never in danger of leaving the table hungry. If you have other questions I’ll answer if I can.

This does help, yes. Everyone has been posting that food quality on some ships were not up to par and staffing issues were also an issue. I was hoping that as the months passed these complaints would be dealt with by Carnival and your answer shows this is the case. Thanks!

We will be in a JS Veranda deck which is under the fitness deck and over the bridge area so it shouldn't be a noisy cabin, hopefully. (unless there are a late night workout fanatics! 😆)

There's just the one pool on this ship, right?

33 minutes ago, BarbieGee said:

This does help, yes. Everyone has been posting that food quality on some ships were not up to par and staffing issues were also an issue. I was hoping that as the months passed these complaints would be dealt with by Carnival and your answer shows this is the case. Thanks!

We will be in a JS Veranda deck which is under the fitness deck and over the bridge area so it shouldn't be a noisy cabin, hopefully. (unless there are a late night workout fanatics! 😆)

Yes, I believe so. There is a small water are back by the slides , but not a pool. 

I really had no complaints. It was my first cruise back since the restart so maybe I was just so darn grateful to be back onboard 😊 I hope you have a great time too!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BarbieGee said:

The biggest issue with your room is probably going to be the fact that only I think two elevators on the whole ship go up to your deck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mic101680 said:

I'll be on the Paradise for a back to back beginning next week (the 14th). I've never sailed on her, but if you have any questions others can't answer, let me know and I will do my best to get answers while onboard 🙂

I am hoping to get an overall impression of the quality of the food and the staff.

So much has been said, the few months after the restart, of how short staffed the ships were, of how the food quality was not up to standards and food portions reduced - food items no longer available (no lobster night for cruises less then 6 days?).

I feel sure that the Carnival administration read these boards and know these issues need correcting. I just want to know cruisers first hand experiences, if these issues have been addressed.

So far, the few responses I've gotten have been very positive for this older, smaller ship.

Your b2b on this particular ship will be most valuable and I thank you in advance. 🤩

13 hours ago, BarbieGee said:

image.png.842e57dfdd9ce1e7fcc2ac82ce2882ed.png

I may have you mistaken with someone else but I seem to recall that someone in your party has mobility issues. You may find that the atrium elevators are not large enough if they are using a mobility scooter.

With all due respect, what are you planning to do with this information? Isn't your cruise nonrefundable at this point? Are you going to be able to change anything? 

As with any other type of publicly-sourced review, you are going to have some people say it is great, and some people say that it is awful.

My advice is to board the ship with a positive attitude and take it from there. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, mz-s said:

I may have you mistaken with someone else but I seem to recall that someone in your party has mobility issues. You may find that the atrium elevators are not large enough if they are using a mobility scooter.

You are right, our party there are 2 with mobility issues but they will use a walker, not a scooter. 
Good memory!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, staceyglow said:

With all due respect, what are you planning to do with this information? Isn't your cruise nonrefundable at this point? Are you going to be able to change anything? 

No, not a chance! I am looking forward to this, my first time on any Carnival ship. I am hoping to elevate my enjoyment by being prepared.

As with any other type of publicly-sourced review, you are going to have some people say it is great, and some people say that it is awful.

That is always possible but I am hoping to be able to discern the difference between 'disgruntled' and 'honest'

2 hours ago, staceyglow said:

My advice is to board the ship with a positive attitude and take it from there. 

I have every intention of having a positive and adventurous attitude for this cruise. I am, perhaps, just a bit Obsessive Compulsive when planning trips. I want to know what to look out for and be aware of so I either don't miss anything or avoid something unpleasant.
You are right, a positive attitude!
😁

• Like 1

I myself was on in August, and found the ship to be in fantastic condition given the age. Be mindful that if your cabin is on the verandah deck, the balcony is really tiny. Minisuites on this ship also are glorified balcony cabins. 

However, we found the MDR to be good, and appreciated the good service even on an older ship. 

And yes, only two elevators go up to this deck. 

• Like 1

Most of the things you are asking about is subjective and vary from person to person.

Yes , items are missing Carnival removed them. 

I don't think lobster on shorter cruise was ever a thing it was 1 of the elegant nights on cruises with 2 of them.

Carnival will not overhaul everything they cut/changed because of a few complaints on CC.

5 hours ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

I don't think lobster on shorter cruise was ever a thing it was 1 of the elegant nights on cruises with 2 of them.

I've been on 4 and 5 night cruises with lobster on the menu on elegant nights. However, most recently (October 22), the lobster was an upcharge, but it was still available for a 4 nighter.

12 hours ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

Most of the things you are asking about is subjective and vary from person to person.

Yes , items are missing Carnival removed them. 

Carnival will not overhaul everything they cut/changed because of a few complaints on CC.

7 hours ago, Mic101680 said:

I've been on 4 and 5 night cruises with lobster on the menu on elegant nights. However, most recently (October 22), the lobster was an upcharge, but it was still available for a 4 nighter.

At one time all itineraries had complementary lobster on one formal night.  In 2015 it was cut on cruises 5 nights or less (itineraries with only one formal night).  On itineraries with 2 formal nights (at least 6-8 night itineraries) they recently announced they were free moving complementary lobster to the second formal night, with no reason why.  I'm inferring that the reason why is fewer people eat dinner in the MDR towards the end of a cruise, therefore Carnival serves less complementary lobster on the second formal night.

At this point, at a macro level management is more concerned with reducing expenses and increasing revenue than addressing passenger concerns and complaints. Most of the amenities and services that have been cut are not coming back.  Management is more interested in attracting blue and red cards with no notion of what the Carnival experience used to be than in retaining more seasoned cruisers who may not be satisfied with the product Carnival has devolved into.

• Thanks 1

I was just on Paradise in December. We had a great time, service was great. We had a better time on this cruise than we did a month earlier on the Magic. It was just a fun atmosphere. Had no issues with the food, but we're easy to please. It is still a great ship and in great condition. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nascartim said:

I was just on Paradise in December. We had a great time, service was great. We had a better time on this cruise than we did a month earlier on the Magic. It was just a fun atmosphere. Had no issues with the food, but we're easy to please. It is still a great ship and in great condition. 

Thank You Whatsapp Emoji : These new emoji are available in the latest ...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am on the same sailing of this ship and I cant wait to take this cruise! I have made several attempts to sail on Paradise beginning in February 2020 .Twice I had to cancel due to unexpected expenses coming up and taking time from work. the other 3 or cancellations were due to Covid shutting everything down. I will take this cruise,I dont care if i have to walk to Florida lol. im looking forward to it

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cruisin4Becky said:

I am on the same sailing of this ship and I cant wait to take this cruise! I have made several attempts to sail on Paradise beginning in February 2020 .Twice I had to cancel due to unexpected expenses coming up and taking time from work. the other 3 or cancellations were due to Covid shutting everything down. I will take this cruise,I dont care if i have to walk to Florida lol. im looking forward to it

Walk, eh? Think I'll drive from here in Virginia.... 😉 See ya there @cruisin4Becky!

• Like 1

we were on in november. it is an older ship. meaning some of the decor is dated. but it was clean. we had a grand suite and they had usb ports installed so i think the JS had them too. 

food portions were smaller (i had enough to eat. usually i end up with left over food. now i ate the entire dinner entre). husband needed two entrees but he usually eats more than me and used to eat his entre and then finish mine. 

we had any time dining and service and seating were slow. i dont know about set dining. if you have any time dining. check in about 15 min BEFORE you want to remotely eat. and it will always say 15 min but it is longer. 

i will say that they dont utilize all the areas on the ship enough (but that was how it was on the magic last year too). 

food was good. not great. i dont like the changes made to the sea day brunch because it is all lunch foods (but it was the same on the magic) 

the serenity is small at the back of the ship but that is where it has always been on that ship (or since i went on her the first time in 2013). no bar in the serenity area. 

• Thanks 1

In the middle of a B2B on Paradise now. Food quality is okay to good. Nothing that will blow your mind though, with the exception of Chef's Table (which I highly recommend). Buffet has been better than the dining room (which has been very inconsistent plate to plate), but go-tos have been Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana tacos, pizza and the deli.  Some dishes in the buffet (particularly the desserts) have been dry and missing some flavors. Anything gelatin based has been like eating rubber, but other things are fine. There is a for fee sushi place, but I haven't tried that. Desserts in the coffee bar are pretty good, but are a small charge (around $3 each).

Smaller, older ship, but very clean. Agree with others that some spaces could be utilized better. Overall, I like it.

• Thanks 1