Would like Information on Tigre /Delta Area

bionicbeacher

Hi ...Would like information on doing an excursion from Buenos Aires to the Tigre Delta area. What is it like? Is it worth while?. Can it be done on our own or is it best to take a CruiseShip Excursion or use a local agent.

We know very little about this excursion and would appreciate as much information as possible from people in the know.

Thank You

Ken & Jan

Toronto

Hi ...Would like information on doing an excursion from Buenos Aires to the Tigre Delta area. What is it like? Is it worth while?. Can it be done on our own or is it best to take a CruiseShip Excursion or use a local agent.

We know very little about this excursion and would appreciate as much information as possible from people in the know.

we thoroughly enjoyed it. Book it through a local agent. Read my travelogue for details! Look at my pictures too.

We also did that excursion as part of our tour of Buenos Aires. We did it with a private guide and we took a train along the coastal area where there were some lovely homes and then took a catamaran amongst the islands. The Argentinians have holiday homes on these Delta Islands but there is no running water or power. It was most interesting.

If you are interested in knowing the name of our private guide just let me know.

Jennie

WE did the tour as part of our full day tour of BA which we arranged privately with a tour company. For a full description read my review of our South American Cruise jan 3 - 31, 2005 on about page 5 of this thread.

If you find my review and scroll down to about page 2 you will find the list of contact information for all the private guides which we used.

Enjoy

Ann

Archived