More Tahiti Questions

ChrisC101

We’re booked on Windstar in March.  Since we haven’t been back for 19 years, have some questions as my memory is fading about what we did last time:

1.  Pre and post cruise.  Due to flights we have 2 nights Tahiti proper and 1 night and 2/3 day Tahiti proper post cruise.  The return flight doesn’t leave until 9:30 pm.  If I book a room both before and after at the same place (I could do either Intercontinental or Hilton as I have standing with both) Will one or the other let me stay until 7-7:30 on what is basically check out day?

2.  I have no memory of what we did on excursion days in terms of bringing stuff.  I know we had a snorkel bag but I can’t recall if we left all our money and passports (except for some francs) back in the safe on the ship.  What did you do? 

3.  Last time we spent 3-4 days post cruise on Moorea.  Had a car, did most stuff.  Keep hearing Hilton no longer has the day pass with lunch though honestly just going there for the day, snorkel and lunch sounds fun.  Not sure what else we would spend money on here for an excursion.

I know these are random questions, just sorting things through and will probably have more.  TA is somewhat helpful but is also more land based.  Thanks for any help.

I know the IC will let you stay at the hotel after you check out and use the pool, etc.  They have a small changing room with a shower you can use before you go to the airport.  No charge for this presuming you are staying there.

On the Paul Gauguin we never took our passport off the ship.  If we did a ships excursion we usually did not take any $$ either.  If we booked independently or did not have an excursion we would take some cash with us.

As of this past July the Hilton on Moorea told me that they no longer offer a day pass.  While you can go to their restaurants technically you cant access the pool/beach as they are private.  Moorea Water Games as the Sofitel has a snorkel scooter excursion which is great (you have to get there on your own).

• Thanks 1

Medic stated it right  ... IC will let you hang out and use a transit room if your staying there. As far as staying in your room until 7 PM it depends on how full they are and if they will allow for that late of a checkout they've started charging a small fee ... nothing huge, last time they charged us an extra $65 but then again they were not full.

• Thanks 1