Transfers from Manchester Airport

Spartacus1958

Cruising out of Southampton tomorrow and taken transfer from Manchester Airport by coach. Can anybody tell me if the baggage allowance on the coach is the same as the return flight with Tui? The info on Intercruises website slightly conflicts and I am worried I may have to take out a couple of pairs of budgie smugglers.....

Edited by Spartacus1958

1 hour ago, Spartacus1958 said:

Cruising out of Southampton tomorrow and taken transfer from Manchester Airport by coach. Can anybody tell me if the baggage allowance on the coach is the same as the return flight with Tui? The info on Intercruises website slightly conflicts and I am worried I may have to take out a couple of pairs of budgie smugglers.....

My sister is travelling down on the Intercruise coach from Nottinghamshire, and she said yesterday that their maximum luggage weight for the coach should be 20kg. They, of course have packed to 23kg as per the ship limit. I very much doubt a coach driver will have a set of scales with them, or be a jobsworth about it; they don't get paid enough to worry about a couple of extra kilos.

Don't stress about it; keep your budgie smugglers in, and for good measure stick a bottle of booze in there too. 🙂

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, TigerB said:

My sister is travelling down on the Intercruise coach from Nottinghamshire, and she said yesterday that their maximum luggage weight for the coach should be 20kg. They, of course have packed to 23kg as per the ship limit. I very much doubt a coach driver will have a set of scales with them, or be a jobsworth about it; they don't get paid enough to worry about a couple of extra kilos.

Don't stress about it; keep your budgie smugglers in, and for good measure stick a bottle of booze in there too. 🙂

😁😁

My mum gets coaches all the time national express and never had any issues before she does politely inform the driver if its heavy and that's shes going on an plane. Its just a 20kg limit for health and safety of the coach driver putting the bags on the coach. But you will be fine IMO. 

16 hours ago, Old_tilly_billy said:

As anyone done the reverse journey from Southampton to Manchester Airport what time did you arrive at Manchester and were was the drop off point. 

The two times we flew out of Manchester to do the T A cruises ,the coach left the port around 

10am . We had a comfort break 1/2 hour midway back to the airport and were back at the

airport for around 2.30 /3pm . The driver offered to drop a couple off near the train station 

and the rest of us near the T2 arrivals .