back from the worse cruise ever!!!

tjsharktank

Why not HIJACK it!

Here we go cruise critic members. Let's all offer our opinions to these questions?

#1, Is the OP a troll?

#2 Do you give a rats pitottie(sp) if someone else wears jeans on formal night?

#3 Do you visit the F-Deck?

#4 Do you visit Derf's links?

#5 (Last, but not least.)Do you bring a portable battery operated personal appliance with you on the cruise?

Please answer like this:

yes,no,no,yes,sometimes!:rolleyes:

OK, I'll play ..

Yes,no,yes,sometimes (usually), UUUUUUMMMMMMMM yes:p ;)

Ok.....you are all going to jump on this like a bunch of babies...or Carnaval sheep, but I agree with the poster. I was on the Victory two years ago and it was great. However, I was on it and the Liberty, back to back this year. Victory on Feb. 19th and Liberty on 26th.. The Liberty rocked....The Victory sucked. Big time! Everything she said and more happened on my Victory trip. Of course I will cruise again, been there done that, but give her a break and stop being like Carnaval kiddies, or stock holders. The cruise line can F-up now and then. I plan on writing them with my issues some of which are worse and not mentionable on here. Serious stuff. They really do need to increase security for all of us and they need to stop thinking everyone that complains is bs them for a free bottle of champagne. You like me are all spending your money and deserve more, not the memory of some past cruise years ago, but some real new improvements now. Customers come first. I fill out excellent review cards when they are deserved. I tip in cash extra like I am sure most of you do who know how to get service. I think the cruise line is disgusting for allowing people to remove the tips from their bill. The people who do this should be ashamed. Too bad the service people need the work and money too much to do something about this practice. Anyone who is not a complete sucker would agree that there is always room for improvement. Cut the poster some slack.

It is really funny but as I go back and digest what the Op really said, I come up with she/he did not care for the food and as a result did not get enough to eat. The CD did not provide a clear enough explanation of the tendering process to suit the OP, the OP messed up their own private shore excursions and the chair hogs were out.

Never really did slam Carnival but sure was RUDE and UGLY.

Why not HIJACK it!

Here we go cruise critic members. Let's all offer our opinions to these questions?

#1, Is the OP a troll?

Probably...but can't tell for sure because they haven't been back!

Not really....

Religiously!

Yep LOL :p

#5 (Last, but not least.)Do you bring a portable battery operated personal appliance with you on the cruise?

ummmmmm........"personal" appliance......does my ******** count DOH :eek: Oh, never mind, I'll save that for another post!

Please answer like this:

yes,no,no,yes,sometimes!

Ooooops sorry!

Sorry to hear that you feel that badly...I also had some problems (complaints) but wouldn't think of not cruiseing with Carnival again...just maybe not on the Victory. This was my first cruise...over all not bad.

1. Atlantic dining room....ate 4 nites....thought it was very good

2. Noticed the Chinese, and Deli places were only open for short times

3. 'BBQ' ...what bbq....only burgers, and dogs...along with long lines.

4. Pizza...So, So

5. Buffets: very sufficient

6. Room service..not much selection...but good...amd ANYTIME (starving?)

7. Lido deck chair saving...very frustrating...but what can you expect with 3,000 people wanting to sit inthe sun...although when I joined the 'saving' group...I woke up at 6am and still couldn;t find chairs anywhere near the main area.

8. Lido deck entertainment...very disappointing in my opinion. I guess I just expected there to be constant activity...whereas only 2 nights was there anything going on at the Lido deck. Not much of a gambler, or a drinker...but still love to have fun. Needless to say...I wen tto bed early those nites

9. The shows...GREAT... loved the 'Vegas' style shows, and the comedians were great. Didn't much care for the 'lounge singer' guy, but I'm sure the older folk liked him. Can't please everyone all the time.

!0. Disembarking....shhhhh...we snuck in the front of the line for the Caymans...at least not intentionally...but once we noticed....we couldn't help ourselves. sorry

11. Embarking form the Caymans.....yuck...awful and slow...oh well

12. Costa Maya.....go to Tequila Beach...that's all i can say...see my review in Costa Maya board

13. Jamaica.....Hated It....see review in Jamaica board

14. Staff..

Room stewards.... (good)

bartenders (good),

Pursers desk....mixed. There was a woman that wore dark..thick rimmed glasses (Deanna?) very helpful!!!!!! There also was a weasely little guy that was very abrupt and rude.

Interent cafe guy...great

Dana,,,,,cruise director....annoying

Activities guys....fun (but not enough)

Piano guys throughout the ship...great...Irish bar guy....fun!!!

overall....I had a great trip...as my first cruise...it was a little of what I expected...and little not what I expected. Am already planning my next cruise to the Bahamas. Definitely won't do a Western again...although I'll be back to visit the Caymans...just not via a ship.

Thanks to everyone on this site that helped me along the way with my planning my first cruise. I have met some great people thru the Roll Call forum and hope to remain in touch with you guys.

Dee

You made me laugh:D!

You are quite welcome....

I just couldn't help myself when I read the last "battery-operated personal appliance" question...I nearly fell off my chair laughing and even more so when I was trying to respond appropriately!!! LMAO:D

Ok.....you are all going to jump on this like a bunch of babies...or Carnaval sheep, but I agree with the poster. .

Well if you want a mature discussion, my advice would be to start with a mature sentence. Amazing how you want to call us all "babies" when your opening sentence sounds like it was written by a 3 year old.

Sorry, I don't care how "horrible" a time the OP had on the only cruise they have ever taken....it is irresponsible to say their "intent" is to bash ALL of Carnival Cruise Lines. In my world, you get what you give. And if you can't take it, you had better stay out of the "hot tub"!

The OP is not a troll. This was their very first cruise. They did some research, but obviously not enough...because they selected a product that would not serve their needs. They are obviously upset that they set unrealistic expectations, are not seasoned enough to roll with the flow, and seemed to settle the disappointments in life by "throwing a fit".

I, for one, thank my lucky stars that I am not like that. And I truly feel sorry for them, because they are posting all over the other BBs with this same unbalanced trash and they truly believe they are going to stop someone from sailing on Carnival.

They are to immature to know that everyone reading this diatribe is laughing their heads off at the fool that wrote it . And while there may have been multiple legitimate complaints....no one cares, because no one (with a brain) respects the OP enough to take anything they say seriously.

Honest and balanced reviews make the changes we want to improve our next cruise. The OP's ranting will not.

You are quite welcome....

I just couldn't help myself when I read the last "battery-operated personal appliance" question...I nearly fell off my chair laughing and even more so when I was trying to respond appropriately!!! LMAO:D

It is amazing how many of these things "set off" airport security alerts because they "turn themselves on" (no pun intended) when the luggage is pitched and thrown.

It is amazing how many of these things "set off" airport security alerts because they "turn themselves on" (no pun intended) when the luggage is pitched and thrown.

And I know NOTHING about that ever happening to me!!!! :cool:

Ok.....you are all going to jump on this like a bunch of babies...or Carnaval sheep....but give her a break and stop being like Carnaval kiddies, or stock holders...
Wow...An incredibly mature response to the defense. Name calling really lends further credibility to the OP!! Good job....(Oh, apparantly you're not watching the thread very closely...the OP is allegedly a guy)

Next!!

p.s. No, I'm not a stockholder...love that argument!! hahahaha LOL!!!

Hey Cap,

I expected someone to get out their magnifier and analize the post as if they were a Kennedey conspiracy buff. Try to disect my post. Expected. That smile that bursts, I hope you don't lose it on the Victory, I really hope you have a better time than I had. Good luck.

Well if you want a mature discussion, my advice would be to start with a mature sentence. Amazing how you want to call us all "babies" when your opening sentence sounds like it was written by a 3 year old.

Sorry, I don't care how "horrible" a time the OP had on the only cruise they have ever taken....it is irresponsible to say their "intent" is to bash ALL of Carnival Cruise Lines. In my world, you get what you give. And if you can't take it, you had better stay out of the "hot tub"!

Uh.......I really like the hot tub!:D By the way, well put LHP!

Hey Cap,

I expected someone to get out their magnifier and analize the post as if they were a Kennedey conspiracy buff. Try to disect my post. Expected. That smile that bursts, I hope you don't lose it on the Victory, I really hope you have a better time than I had. Good luck.

As hard as this may be for you to believe, I hate it that you did not have a good time on the Victory. No one on these boards wants anyone to be disappointed with any cruise they take on any cruise line.

If serious issues arose and the security on board did not handle it, by all means contact Mr. Bob Dickinson at:

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, Fl. 33178-2428

Give a detailed report of the event in a manner where they can literally "re-enact it" in their heads. If there were security issues, I certainly want them addressed.

It may awhile for the letter to be processed. Remember there are 18 or so ships ( I lost count) with 1,000's of people on each every week. If just a fraction write (good or bad), it takes time to process their letters.

Now see, mature conversation isn't that hard...even for us "Carnival babies"!

HORRIBLE, probably the WORST review I have ever read! I will absolutely NEVER read one of your reviews again, I just came away from your review completely hungry for more information, you told me NOTHING!!!

So there!!!

I bet the folks at the purser and shore excursion desk were RELIEVED when you got off the boat....

Too funny!! :p Thanks for the laugh - since this has all been so serious :o

As hard as this may be for you to believe, I hate it that you did not have a good time on the Victory. No one on these boards wants anyone to be disappointed with any cruise they take on any cruise line.

If serious issues arose and the security on board did not handle it, by all means contact Mr. Bob Dickinson at:

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, Fl. 33178-2428

Give a detailed report of the event in a manner where they can literally "re-enact it" in their heads. If there were security issues, I certainly want them addressed.

It may awhile for the letter to be processed. Remember there are 18 or so ships ( I lost count) with 1,000's of people on each every week. If just a fraction write (good or bad), it takes time to process their letters.

Now see, mature conversation isn't that hard...even for us "Carnival babies"!

Hey, you might even get a nice Bon Voyage gift on your next cruise with CCL.....thats what we are getting when we had a minor blip on our cruise. Go figure, we handled it in a mature, responsible adult way with no intention or expectations of getting something for nothing and I feel that Bob treated us more than fairly.

P.S. I mean Bob Dickenson not B.O.B., the battery operated boy;)

Why not HIJACK it!

#1, Is the OP a troll?

Please answer like this:

yes,no,no,yes,sometimes!:D:D:D:rolleyes:

yes..no..yes..no..YES!...oh wait...doesn't everyone bring their electric toothbrush?;)

For some their glass shall always be half full and for the others their glass will always be half empty. After a few cruises under your belt you learn to get around most of those problems. You learn there will be those hanging around the tender stairs to be first on. You will learn it's not always cheaper to book outside the cruise line espcecially when your independant tour operator has a flat tire on his 30 year old bus on the way back to the ship which is pulling away far from the shore. So much for that $20 you saved! You learn to ask about items not on the menu and you send back what you don't like.

You learn to send someone up from your party to hang on to your pool seats, alternating between the others in your party. Can't help you with the entertainment. Best take a deck of cards and entertain yourself if you don't like their professional entertainers. And I've yet to see them set out lobster tails on formal night at the Lido buffet. Has that changed? If not then they don't serve the exact same food. And personally when Carnival's pizza comes right out the oven it beats any commercial land pizza I've ever had. Their crusts is great. Between the pizza and yougart machine I could probably survive a week! May you find happeniess on another line.

And I know NOTHING about that ever happening to me!!!! :cool:

ROTFLMAO!:D

For lv2crooz2:

Battery!, not electric toys!. Geez, somebody/thing could get hurt with that much power.:rolleyes:

For LHP:

Food for thought: IF you wanted to be a trollish, I submit this posting is a reference standard on how to set this board off.:(

Joe Peka: I'll drink to that! , if I'm wrong and it's not a troll.

Lastly, I should have posed a question about towel animals. Can't remember everything. . . . . . Honey, where is that bottle of Aricept?

Archived