back from the worse cruise ever!!!

tjsharktank

I'm immediately suspicious of anyone who says they went to bed hungry for the first four days of a cruise!!

Seriously! I didn't know that was possible!

You know, last year on the Victory a guy we met didn't get his luggage...all WEEK! He STILL had a kick butt time he said! He was frustrated but there wasn't anything he could do, so he made the best of it and Carnival helped him out and he had a blast!

Hey!! SDETTLOFF!! Oops, I mean TJ whatever! Are you ever going to come back to cruise******s board to respond to the Carnival Bashing you did over there??? I see you posted this fine review under 2 different titles here at cruise critic. What do you hope to gain by that? I think it is clear that there are numerous Carnival fans and I don't think you'll stop anyone from being just that.

We sailed on this ship in January. As with any vacation, there are always things you find that could have been done differently to make it better. We had a fabulous time, and I can't wait to cruise Carnival again. Many of the organized events on this particular ship were a major CF due to lack of planning by the cruiseline on how to manage long lines on such a big ship. TWICE they put a free glass of wine in our hands to compensate. Amazing what a little booze can do to change the atmosphere in the room.

The food was good especially considering the mass effort the kitchen staff puts forth to provide continual meal service for 3,500+ passengers. The OP must have been mighty picky to not find SOMETHING they like to prevent the nocturnal starvation he complained of. Hello....you can get PB&J at 2 am from room service. God I miss room service...

The OP needs to get over it and they should NEVER consider cruising again! Perhaps they would be better off to stay home where they can cook their own meals, clean up after themselves, take daily excursions to work and the grocery store (fun!), and occupy their own lounge chair without carrying it across the yard.

ok...I am done venting...thinking it is time to book another cruise! and get another drink!

I have cruised with Carnival 4 times. Everything was not perfect.....it never is. However, I just go with the flow and always have a good time. I am happy when my bed is made for me and I dont have to cook.

I think this OP is young and very spoiled. I bet that Mommy and Daddy paid for the cruise for them. It is very easy to complain about something when it is free.

If the OP researched this cruise so well they should have known about the vacation guarantee.

As for this being their 'worse' experience ever. Just wait till someone close to them dies or has to face cancer.

I'm sure Mommy and Daddy are paying for their college education too.

However, judging by their use of English and their math skills it is going to waste.

This OP just needs to grow up.

We have been on 26 cruises in the last 12 years and the worst cruise was great. Alot of it is attitude and it sounds like the original poster was just plain not happy. I've sailed upper end and the greyhound (carnival) and I always come back to carnival as I have the most fun and oh by the way I'm 58 and not dead yet. For those of you who are planning your first cruise, don't let this thread scare you off. Go with the right expectations and you'll have a wonderful time, and if you run across a flaw, just let it pass because there are many more positive things and if you look for them you'll find them.

Happy sailing.

First pleasure cruise was Viking Serenade in 1992. First cruise was on General Anderson to Japan in 1953 as a military brat.

General Anderson 1953

General Morton 1957

Viking Serenade 1992

Song Of America 1993

Song of Norway 1994

Song of America 1994

Song of Norway 1995

Holiday 1995

Song of America 1995

Westerdam 1996

Celebration 1996

Holiday 1996

Imagination 1997

Elation 1998

Zenith 1998

Costa Brava 1999

Elation 1999

Rhapsody 1999

Celebration 2000

Holiday 2001

Celebration 2002

Elation 2002

Celebration 2002

Rhapsody 2003

Celebration 2004

Holiday 2004

Elation 2005

Elation 2006

Holy cow! I can't believe this thread has gone this far. Poor girl must be charred to a crisp by all the flame throwing! Perhaps it would have been more effective if no one responded to such a painfully unrealistic, stupid, unfair review! hehehehe!

Holy cow! I can't believe this thread has gone this far. Poor girl must be charred to a crisp by all the flame throwing! Perhaps it would have been more effective if no one responded to such a painfully unrealistic, stupid, unfair review! hehehehe!

Believe it or not, but according to other posts, it's not a girl but a GUY!! So any of you men out there say that us women are never satisfied, just remember tjsharktank is one of yours :p !

Believe it or not, but according to other posts, it's not a girl but a GUY!! So any of you men out there say that us women are never satisfied, just remember tjsharktank is one of yours :p !

One of who's??? :confused: :eek:

Actually, I am pretty sure it is a woman. On the other board several posts are signed "Sara" and her handle over there is "sdettloff". Or maybe Sara posted there and TJSHARKTANK is her DH and he posted here -- both boards / handles posted the exact same content. No return to the other board to respond to the replies.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.

I haven't heard of such a lousy cruise before.

How many cruises have your been on before this one?

I hope you don't give up on cruising. It is the best way to travel in my opinion!

As far as my experience, a bad day on a cruise beats a good day at work!

Hey Beth....What ever happened to that nice avatar picture of you and your husband?
I don't know what happened to it! I probably did something to mess it up, and now I can't remember how I got it there in the first place. :rolleyes: Maybe I'll get it figured out one of these days and get it back -- AFTER I read all these pages of posts I missed the last couple of days. ;)

all i can say is WOW,, i agree with most of the other post, a cruise is what you make of it, if you waste your time griping and complaining, you arent going to have a good time ,,, anyways,,

and i am curious if this was his 1st cruise or not....

weve been on carnival. celebrity and NCL

and we like all of them, some are better than others in other areas... but that doesnt make me say ,, oh i wont cruise on them again

what we look for is the ports... and price... and then we cruise...

the past cruiser discounts also help deciding

but to say they starved and about their shore excursion.. dont book anything that early.. that was silly

and the food is endless. i dont know what this person expected,, but no one starves on a cruise.....

anyways,, at least we wont be seeing them on carnival,

happy cruising everyone

and keep smilin

I was just on a really bad cruise. The area was extremly cramped, the dining staff was rude, took forever to get our meal, and even then it was basically just handed to us and said have a nice day. No tipping for them let me tell you!

.... That is the last time I go through a drive through in a small car... :D

sorry you, had a bad one, i was on the 12 february sailing , and it turned out to be the best cruise i have had. true the food was not up to much, and there were bed hogs, but i went to enjoy myself , and that is what i did , we met some fantastic people , and are keeping in touch ,via telphone and emails, and hopefully cruising together, later this year

I guess a bad cruise would be better than being the tourist that tripped on his shoelace, fell down a staircase and smashed $175,000 worth of Chinese Vases that weren't insured!!!

Now, that would be a bad trip (pun)!;)

We have cruised Carnival over 30 times and have never gone hungry for 5 minutes. With 4 staters, 3 soups, 3 salads (including always available Caesar) 4 or 5 entrees (including always available steak and chicken plus baked potato) 4 desserts plus cheese, fruit and ice cream going hungry is just plain not possible. All that is JUST the dining room, the Lido is non stop food and as many have said there is always Room Service. How anyone could possibley hate it all makes me wonder what they eat at home. Mind you on my list of favorite cruise lines Carnival comes in 5th. But starving? Now Really.

Archived