Experience in the solo obstructed view cabins on Regatta and Insignia

Wasasalad

a couple of the solo OV cabins  have  a better view  the small tender is in front  6030 /6033  on the R ship

They are cozy 143 sq ft

A friend was in one  where she could  see between the lifeboats  so a bit more light

BUT   you will have crew outside the windows some days working on the lifeboats  so make sure the curtains are closed 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Always helps to say what SHIP are you booked on. And the cabin number. Are you on the future Vista, the O-class (Marina & Riviera), or the small R-class (Insignia, Nautica, Regatta, & Sirena)?

Regatta but I understand they are all the same design Regatta, Insignia etc. 

• Like 1

• Wasasalad changed the title to Experience in the solo obstructed view cabins on Regatta and Insignia
1 minute ago, Wasasalad said:

Thank you!

I’m in one on the Regatta currently.  I have no problem with it - mine has a small pilot instead of a larger life boat out the window so I can see a bit around it.  Biggest fallback with the cabin (aside from the price) is it has no table/chair so nowhere to eat/sit aside from the bed or desk stool.  Been in this cabin for 4 weeks and still overall happy with it.

• Like 3

We were in Regatta 6030 right before they switched to solo. I agree that 6030 and 6033 are the best due to the least obstruction (I believe it is the emergency/rescue boat). When I was researching I think that 6046/6049 were next best but would need to search to confirm. The space/storage was plenty big for two people who don't mind "cozy" (think Tokyo business hotel or small RV) so should be good for a single. The advice about keeping curtains closed is good (I almost got caught by the window washer!); however, if you enjoy watching the crew do drills and raise/lower tenders you will have an excellent viewpoint (I know...geeky). I agree that the lack of seating is a drawback; I thought they might replace the (~Queen size) bed with a smaller (~full size) bed plus a reading chair by the window below the reading light (keeping 2 side tables)...maybe next full-scale redesign?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wasasalad said:

I see only a stool to sit on! Has anyone requested a chair, I’d take any type of chair! I know that other lines will exchange out for a chair. 

if enough pax ask for one maybe they will include on

depends on the layout of the cabin

the one my friend was in they could have put in  a small chair  & I think she did have the round table  but asked to have it removed

this was a few years ago so my memory is  fading 😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wasasalad said:

I see only a stool to sit on! Has anyone requested a chair, I’d take any type of chair! I know that other lines will exchange out for a chair. 

Request it ahead of time and it may be ready when you arrive. It can't hurt to ask since they are very willing to please.

If enough solos ask for a different configuration (like a slightly smaller bed in exchange for a decent chair) on the end of cruise survey, it wouldn't take much to make the change. Before autumn 2022 the beds needed space for two people, but that's no longer the case.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 4:36 PM, AMHuntFerry said:

We were in Regatta 6030 right before they switched to solo. I agree that 6030 and 6033 are the best due to the least obstruction (I believe it is the emergency/rescue boat). When I was researching I think that 6046/6049 were next best but would need to search to confirm. The space/storage was plenty big for two people who don't mind "cozy" (think Tokyo business hotel or small RV) so should be good for a single. The advice about keeping curtains closed is good (I almost got caught by the window washer!); however, if you enjoy watching the crew do drills and raise/lower tenders you will have an excellent viewpoint (I know...geeky). I agree that the lack of seating is a drawback; I thought they might replace the (~Queen size) bed with a smaller (~full size) bed plus a reading chair by the window below the reading light (keeping 2 side tables)...maybe next full-scale redesign?

Do you have any photos of cabin 6030?

2 hours ago, Wasasalad said:

Do you have any photos of cabin 6030?

There used to be a CC post but I can't find it. This youtube link is not a TA so hopefully will not get deleted:

And of course since I said that, I found it...

Edited by AMHuntFerry
  • Like 1

I was in 6039 on Regatta last October/November for 19 days. The cabin was excellent for solo travel. I had some view between lifeboats so plenty of light. Would be happy to book that cabin again. The lack of a chair never bothered me. I sat on the bed if I wanted to read. I feel a chair and possibly a table would clutter the cabin too much. JMHO.