Problems with NCL app/signing into MyNCL

Hi guys and girls, anyone else currently experiencing problems with the NCL app/signing into MyNCL (even on NCL website)? For a couple of days the NCL app has seemed strange: when I have opened it, it has opened up normally but has always said "we cannot find your cruise" and I have had to manually find the cruise by entering the cruise details (ship, sail date, reservation number). This has happened repeatedly. Then suddenly a couple of hours ago the app just logged out on its own and when I try to log in it says my username or password is wrong. Well I happen to know very well what both my password and username are so this isn't the real problem. 

I happened to have the NCL website open and I am signed in there so I went to my account details. Well strangely my account doesn't show any username. Not sure if that it the problem but in any case I cannot sign in to the app (or to MyNCL on the web using a different browser) so somethings wrong. Should reserve shorex so this is annoying.

Anyone else with the same problem currently?

Edited by European_CruiseGirl

5 minutes ago, Winky7650 said:

Yes!  It started yesterday afternoon and ongoing today. Last night I could log in, but it would randomly log me back out. Today, it doesn’t recognize my email address/password. 

Ok I don't actually like this but I am sooooo relieved this is happening to someone else too 🥰 Perhaps they are then having a wider problem on the logging in etc. I guess we cannot do more than wait. Just kind of a spooky thing to think what if the cruise was just about to start or we would be exactly 21 days out and couldn't do any check in or other stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

Ok I don't actually like this but I am sooooo relieved this is happening to someone else too 🥰 Perhaps they are then having a wider problem on the logging in etc. I guess we cannot do more than wait. Just kind of a spooky thing to think what if the cruise was just about to start or we would be exactly 21 days out and couldn't do any check in or other stuff. 

I was thinking the same thing.  I will be making my dining reservations this week and I am hoping the issues are fixed by then 

• Like 1

I can log in on my android tablet but have never been able to log in on either of my android phones. Tried logging in using user name / password. Tried new account, couldn't find latitude #, current reservation, or past cruises. Hope it gets fixed before my cruise. I don't want to carry my tablet around with me. Uninstalled and re-installed app. Nothing worked. Glad it's not just me.

• Like 1

Several months ago I had the same issue with NCL app and website.  I had been using a username (not my email address) and password.  Seems that they changed my username to be my email address but same password.  Don’t know if this your issue…but try it.  It might work for you.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, laudergayle said:

Several months ago I had the same issue with NCL app and website.  I had been using a username (not my email address) and password.  Seems that they changed my username to be my email address but same password.  Don’t know if this your issue…but try it.  It might work for you.

Thank you laydergayle for this info. It didn’t at least yet solve my problem but I will try this again tomorrow if it would work. There are though similarities in our situations as I also have been using a username (not my email address) and password. So I wonder if NCL has meant to get rid of old usernames and replace them with email addresses but for some reason this change that they have made has left the username field completely blank for some. I can see that there is currently no username associated on my account in two ways: 

1. I happen to be signed in via one web browser and when I go to my account details my username shows as blank. Other details show like they should (name, contact details etc). 

2. I thought that ok perhaps I have  forgotten my password (although I know I haven’t) so I ordered a change password link which is supposed to show my username…well guess what…

🙄

2ECCFE5E-C10F-40D9-8515-643FDE4D769E.jpeg

So their system was able to locate my account by my email address and full name and thus send me the change password link but as my account isn’t associated currently with any username changing the password does no good… 🤦🏼‍♀️

15 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

NCL "forgot" DW's username.  We could reset the password, but there was no username.  We just created a new account using her latitudes number and it all works fine now.  That's NCL IT for ya'. 🤣

Wow I guess I need to do that too if this situation doesn’t resolve soon. Thanks ChiefMateJRK! This is exactly my situation! There is no point or help in resetting the pw when there isn’t a username 🤦🏼‍♀️🤣

Could you use the same email address or did you need to use another one? I guess another one but just making sure 😊

This question may have cleared up (for me) something the NCL agent told me on the phone, to which I didn't pay a lot of attention at the time.

I called on Friday to book the thermal suite pass for me and my sister (a whole other long story 🙄) and towards the end of the call she said, "I need to let you know that starting today you will need to use your email address to log in to the website, not your username". I already use my email addy to log in so I didn't understand why she was telling me that. Not sure this helps, but it seems perhaps they changed something.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Buckett said:

This question may have cleared up (for me) something the NCL agent told me on the phone, to which I didn't pay a lot of attention at the time.

I called on Friday to book the thermal suite pass for me and my sister (a whole other long story 🙄) and towards the end of the call she said, "I need to let you know that starting today you will need to use your email address to log in to the website, not your username". I already use my email addy to log in so I didn't understand why she was telling me that. Not sure this helps, but it seems perhaps they changed something.

Thanks! So they have definitely changed something related to the sign in but unfortunately at the same time screwed up some of our accounts and we cannot get in at all. Not with our email addresses or the usernames we have had. I guess it can be as easy thing as vlookup problem. For every persons account change the current username to be the email address of that person…and well things didn’t go as planned and some username fields became empty. Old username deleted but email address not vlookup’d into that field. 

17 minutes ago, European_CruiseGirl said:

Could you use the same email address or did you need to use another one? I guess another one but just making sure 😊

We used the same email as on her old account (which had a username different than her email address).  Earlier in the week, DD's account changed from a username to her email without notification.  The same happened to me months ago.  

• Thanks 1

Over the past couple months people have reported that after using the chat feature their user names had become their emails.  I can report that happened to me also, but my PCChad already told me that change was already in place for new accounts and would eventually go system wide but she didn’t know the date at that time.  Guess we know now.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

We used the same email as on her old account (which had a username different than her email address).  Earlier in the week, DD's account changed from a username to her email without notification.  The same happened to me months ago.  

Dear god, that worked! Thank you so so much @ChiefMateJRK! 😍 I just registered again using my latitudes number and voila, I am in and my email address is now my username. This shows once again the power of cruisecritic 🤩 

And @MagnoliaBlossom I did chat (and phone) with NCL on Friday and this problem began for me on Saturday so your message is spot on too 🙏

Also @Buckett I guess this change is what you were told when you called NCL  but my NCL reps 1) didn’t mention this to me (you had a better one than me 😅) and 2) something went wrong at NCL IT as my username was not automatically changed to be my email address (I tried logging in with that too several times yesterday but it didnt work, only after registering again it started to work). Thank you for sharing your insights 🙏

• Like 1

We are new to NCL and have our first cruise in a week or two. Mostly planned and sorted but had left some of our dining still to book... system failure for both of us now for the last few days! Can still access the booking and checked in on-line but not book anything in addition to what we have already done! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jevsy said:

We are new to NCL and have our first cruise in a week or two. Mostly planned and sorted but had left some of our dining still to book... system failure for both of us now for the last few days! Can still access the booking and checked in on-line but not book anything in addition to what we have already done! 

For this I would suggest chatting or calling NCL. They can book dining (and excursions etc) very easily for you 😊 Though I am sorry to hear of your IT system problems 😔

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

NCL "forgot" DW's username.  We could reset the password, but there was no username.  We just created a new account using her latitudes number and it all works fine now.  That's NCL IT for ya'. 🤣

Worked for me too!  Thank you.  I was a bit nervous creating a new account... figured it might lead me into a new set of issues but, once it allowed me to input my latitude number, everything repopulated.👍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lakelivin2 said:

Worked for me too!  Thank you.  I was a bit nervous creating a new account... figured it might lead me into a new set of issues but, once it allowed me to input my latitude number, everything repopulated.👍

Yeah, I would like to tell you that I charged boldly into that solution, but I can't back that up.  🤣 I was just in one of those dangerous "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!" moods and it worked out (this time).

• Haha 3