Oceania’s pricing.

welshfamily

12 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Agree. Not worth the extra charge. I looked at a ph on the last day. Not that much larger, except the bathroom. Would  upgrade if offered around $500

PH is 50% larger than veranda staterooms on R ships. (322 sq ft vs 216 sq ft).  It's a noticeable difference that I value but I understand it's not important to everyone. I doubt you'd see an upgrade to a PH for $500 because they are in high demand on R ships. 

I was using Oceania's PH as a comparison to Silversea's smallest cabin because it's approximately the same size.

5 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

PH is 50% larger than veranda staterooms on R ships. (322 sq ft vs 216 sq ft).  It's a noticeable difference that I value but I understand it's not important to everyone. I doubt you'd see an upgrade to a PH for $500 because they are in high demand on R ships. 

I was using Oceania's PH as a comparison to Silversea's smallest cabin because it's approximately the same size.

And the cabin size itself without the veranda is 175 sqft vs 260 sqft. Yes, it is very noticeable, and if you insist on sailing on the R ship (maybe a very attractive itinerary), it might the worth the extra price. But your comparison to SS entry level cabins is absolutely correct, and this was exactly my point - the price of PH in many cases is comparable to SS, while on SS you get more inclusions and many times a much newer ship.

• Like 1