Cruise Tragedy causes family fued

The wife or the 2 russians killed him, that's the answer, I think the wife played a role.

I agree! What couple sleeps in different cabins on their honeymoon (at least twice wasn't it?)? Then the wife is found passed out in the hall. Then she manages to show up early for a couples massage, without 1/2 of the "couple". Doesn't add up.

Good grief...I think her whole story is phishy!! A lot of it doesn't add up. She was so 'passed out' in the hall that she had to be 'taken' back to her room by wheelchair, and she shows up early for the spa appt??? Com'mon so, how was she in any condition to be early to a spa appt (with out hubby) if she was passed out just hours earlier...:confused:

here fishy-fishy...

I blame the balcony chair.

If there wasn't a balcony chair, there would be no reason to go onto the balcony, which would mean the balcony wouldn't exist, which means he wouldn't be able to get out, meaning he wouldn't be able to fall out, regardless of whether he was pushed or not.

:D

I blame the balcony chair.

If there wasn't a balcony chair, there would be no reason to go onto the balcony, which would mean the balcony wouldn't exist, which means he wouldn't be able to get out, meaning he wouldn't be able to fall out, regardless of whether he was pushed or not.

And since Royal Carribean owns the balcony chair, I think they should pay her MILLIONS :D ;)

I just got off this ship yesterday. We did the Panama Canal. I saw quite a few more security officers walking around (with badges on) than ever before on any cruise I've been on. Between what happened on that ship, and the fact we also went to Aruba while the whole Natalee Holloway incident is still in the news daily it was a little strange feeling.

I will give a review shortly...all in all it was a wonderful cruise, perfect weather and quite relaxing.

That's easy, she hooks up with another guy on the cruise. Her hubby finds out, they argue, she hits him on the head and knocks him overboard.

Purely speculation :)

AND, Royal Caribbean sold the other guy the cruise ticket...They should pay MILLIONS!!!;) :p

I find this quote interesting...

"The ship should have been stopped," Maureen Smith told Storm. "And especially when it got to Turkey. The whole ship should have been shut down and had it as a crime scene, because it was a crime scene. It was a murder. And they had a two hour investigation. And then they set sail on time."

Who is "they"? From my understanding both the Turkish authorities and to a lesser extent the FBI were involved while the ship was docked. If the Turkish authorities requested the ship to remain docked and RCCL or one of their representative refused the they have a valid beef with RCCL, otherwise their beef should be with the Turkish authorities. From my understanding no such request was made.

For the endgame, I bet you will see some law/regulation passed where the cruiselines will be required to report various crimes/disappearances that occur on ships that embark/disembark from US ports. This is not really a bad thing but nothing will probably be done with this data, because statisically it is such a low volume event and jurisdiction come into play.

I find this quote interesting...

"The ship should have been stopped," Maureen Smith told Storm. "And especially when it got to Turkey. The whole ship should have been shut down and had it as a crime scene, because it was a crime scene. It was a murder. And they had a two hour investigation. And then they set sail on time."

Who is "they"? From my understanding both the Turkish authorities and to a lesser extent the FBI were involved while the ship was docked. If the Turkish authorities requested the ship to remain docked and RCCL or one of their representative refused the they have a valid beef with RCCL, otherwise their beef should be with the Turkish authorities. From my understanding no such request was made.

For the endgame, I bet you will see some law/regulation passed where the cruiselines will be required to report various crimes/disappearances that occur on ships that embark/disembark from US ports. This is not really a bad thing but nothing will probably be done with this data, because statisically it is such a low volume event and jurisdiction come into play.

They already report it when US Citizens are involved. The FBI was on the ship before it was released. I think they thought he just decided to jump. According to RCI, the FBI was asked if it was ok to release the ship and the room and they said yes. The issue being raised is if its not US citizens from an US embarkation/disembarkation. The number of additional notices will be so small that no one will care.

I think George Smith committed suicide.

According to witnesses at the club, the couple were drinking a potent drink and were extremely intoxicated. Witnesses said they saw Jennifer flirting in the night club, then George said something to her(most likely called her a whore, etc...) and she kicked him in the groin. All of this information is from the witnesses themselves. Then we have the witnesses next door to the Smith cabin, who claimed they heard voices out on the balcony, like someone arguing(2 guys from the bar, trying to convince George that his wife does love him). Now keep in mind that George is very intoxicated. With some people, emotions and alcohol can be a dangerous/lethal mix. After arguing with George, the 2 guys leave his cabin. Then the noise starts...as if things were being thrown around. Some people when they are very intoxicated and angry/hurt, they become voilent....sometimes when they are by themselves. Not knowing where his wife was and thinking that she was planning to leave him after the cruise, George began to really fall apart emotionally. I think George was planning for his wife to return to the cabin and see him standing on the edge of the balcony, hoping that she would rush to him and prevent him from jumping. Well, being as intoxicated as George was, he most likely slipped and fell off the edge of the balcony....straight down on top of the rescue boat and into the water. Where did all of the blood come from? His injuries, most likely self inflicted during his drunken and emotionally distraught rampage in the cabin. I believe Jennifer was very drunk, according to witnesses, and yes, I think it is very possible to be so drunk, that you can not find your cabin and pass out in the hallway instead. Ask the crew, I'm sure they have seen this many times before. I've seen college kids so drunk, that they were put in a wheelchair just to board the ship after an afternoon of drinking in Cozumel. So, the wheelchair part doesn't surprise me...it just shows how drunk Jennifer really was that night. I don't find it odd that Jennifer woke up early the next morning for a spa treatment. I've had spa treatments with a hangover, nothing new to the cruise lifestyle.

I think Jennifer is embarrassed by all of this and she is trying to make it look as if Royal Caribbean failed....to make her look normal. They were newly weds behaving like teenagers, and now the end result is the death of her husband. Is it Royal Caribbean's fault? No. Was it in Royal Caribbean's control? No. When people are drunk, sometimes they do really stupid/dangerous things, and this case is one of them.

So, there is my story, of course it is all speculation, not fact.

Fausto

Turkish authorities were doing the "job" of the FBI, sending them the evidence. Turkish authoirties allowed it to leave ,not the FBI. The wife knows what happened or is pretyy sure what happened, cause she played a part in it all, also, that much blood on the hump and in the room, thats not suicide, that is clearly foul play.

This is not aimed at the OP at all. But just in general, am I the only one who is sick & tired of hearing about this Smith case? Enough already!

No I am sick of hearing about them and seeing them. They should just shut up until the FBI says whether it was a murder or not. You would think if the FBI thought it was murder they would have said so by now. What is taken so long.

Archived