Maya Chan Tipping?

Victory Bound

My daughter & I will be cruising on the Pride in February and will be stopping in Costa Maya.  We have made a reservation to spend the day at Maya Chan and are really looking forward to a nice relaxing day.  I do have a question about tipping for those who have been there.  On their website, it mentions that they have a tip box and that guests should avoid tipping individuals directly.  Tips from the tip box are divided equally for staff.  I can certainly understand that.

Since transfer are including in the all-inclusive rate, do we tip our drivers?  Or, are they included in the staff tips.  Just want to make sure we plan accordingly in advance.

Thanks for your input!

• Like 2

We have been to Maya Chan many times. The trip to the resort is arranged by the staff who use several taxi vans to transport guests. We usually give that driver a few dollars as he is not part of those receiving gratuities via tip jar. Same on return to the ship. We usually are in a smaller taxi or van with other couples. We also give that driver a few dollars. The resort covers the taxi fare. The drivers depend on tips for their work and we are glad to give them recognition. We usually give $3-4 dollars for the two of us. Not everyone does this. Some just get out of the van and walk away.

If you have questions on this, please let me know.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2023 at 4:55 PM, Loucat said:

We have been to Maya Chan many times. The trip to the resort is arranged by the staff who use several taxi vans to transport guests. We usually give that driver a few dollars as he is not part of those receiving gratuities via tip jar. Same on return to the ship. We usually are in a smaller taxi or van with other couples. We also give that driver a few dollars. The resort covers the taxi fare. The drivers depend on tips for their work and we are glad to give them recognition. We usually give $3-4 dollars for the two of us. Not everyone does this. Some just get out of the van and walk away.

If you have questions on this, please let me know.

Thank you.  That is what I was thinking but I just wanted to be prepared.  🙂