Switching Rooms While Onbord

Jamericannn

The Wife and I are in separate rooms. We had to book this way because the adult guest in the other room is cruising for the first time so she does not have any good offers. 

My question is… Will it be easy for my wife to get switched to my room while onboard? Is it simple just going to GS and get different keys or will they likely give us a hard time?

7 hours ago, Jamericannn said:

The Wife and I are in separate rooms. We had to book this way because the adult guest in the other room is cruising for the first time so she does not have any good offers. 

My question is… Will it be easy for my wife to get switched to my room while onboard? Is it simple just going to GS and get different keys or will they likely give us a hard time?

We just did this exact thing while on the Mardi Gras as we had booked two cabins: a balcony for my wife and I/ an inside cabin for our two sons and two of their friends. Our PVP placed my wife in our second cabin instead to get a better VIFP offer.

Once on board, we went to guest services later on in the embarkation day to avoid a huge line. Mind you, we still had to wait 30 minutes. The guest services agent switched my wife into our balcony room without any question. My son and her received new Sign and Sail cards and all was good.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, coondog99 said:

We just did this exact thing while on the Mardi Gras as we had booked two cabins: a balcony for my wife and I/ an inside cabin for our two sons and two of their friends. Our PVP placed my wife in our second cabin instead to get a better VIFP offer.

Once on board, we went to guest services later on in the embarkation day to avoid a huge line. Mind you, we still had to wait 30 minutes. The guest services agent switched my wife into our balcony room without any question. My son and her received new Sign and Sail cards and all was good.

This....

You don't have to get a 2nd card.  Just have the two people that need to switch (doesn't even have to be everyone in the rooms, just the two that want to switch rooms) go to guest services and tell them they want to switch rooms.  They will get new sail and sign cards.

We do this all the time when we cruise with my elderly parents so they can both board and such with us and we don't have to wait (we are Diamond, they are not).  

• Like 2