Renting a car in Grand Cayman & post card from Hell

That Guy from Canada

Hello there,

I have 2 questions about the port of Grand Cayman (we have been there a few times before but on tours):

1. Has anyone rented a car at the port of Grand Cayman?  Do you have any tips if so (best places to rent? in advance or day of?)
  2. We are trying to finally mail some family and friends some post cards that are post marked "Hell."  We did not have any on our past trips.  Any tips on where to get some good ones?  Do we need tp buy postage in advance?  Has anyone sent post cards and can offer some tips?

Thank you.

Canadian Cruisers....Celebrity this time (last few cruises were Princess)

we went there years ago & you could buy stamps there  & post cards

If you want buy the post cards near the dock & have the addresses  ready  so you can save time when you get there

I would get  a taxi  there

or pre book a car

Most car rentals are near the airport, I'm not sure if the one or two locations near the port survived.  Check with your favorite chain re a port shuttle, otherwise it would be a taxi to the airport.

There is a post office at Hell.  I think you have to mail your postcards there in order to get the Hell postmark.  There were a couple of gift shops there where you could buy postcards and other souvenirs.  

I always suggest doing up address labels in advance, then it's pretty quick to stick on labels and a stamp and scribble "wish you were here" a bunch of times.