June 29, 2024--Sky Princess 14-day Iceland & Norway

BabsinTX

We recently booked this cruise.  We've cruised to Norway and Iceland before and they are both amazingly beautiful in different ways.  One of my husband's favorite beers is made in Flaam so I know what we'll be doing there (after the Flaam train ride)!

1 hour ago, BabsinTX said:

We recently booked this cruise.  We've cruised to Norway and Iceland before and they are both amazingly beautiful in different ways.  One of my husband's favorite beers is made in Flaam so I know what we'll be doing there (after the Flaam train ride)!

I am glad I looked at your post. We were originally scheduled to go this summer to Iceland and Norway on the Island but have to cancel because my husband needs eye surgery. So, we booked another cruise for July 2024 to Iceland and England on the Caribbean. However, we have been to most of the ports in England. I couldn't find one to Iceland and Norway for some reason. I am now going to call Princess and switch to the one you are on. I'd rather go to Norway on the Sky Princess.

Thanks,

Arlene

54 minutes ago, moodyb1 said:

I am glad I looked at your post. We were originally scheduled to go this summer to Iceland and Norway on the Island but have to cancel because my husband needs eye surgery. So, we booked another cruise for July 2024 to Iceland and England on the Caribbean. However, we have been to most of the ports in England. I couldn't find one to Iceland and Norway for some reason. I am now going to call Princess and switch to the one you are on. I'd rather go to Norway on the Sky Princess.

Thanks,

Arlene

Glad to help!  We've been on several of the newer Royal-class ships and we really like their French restaurant (name escapes me).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moodyb1 said:

Thanks,

Arlene

We are on the Sky for June 3, 2023 for Iceland and Norway.

3 hours ago, BabsinTX said:

Have you joined your Roll Call? We are booked for June 3 on the Sky and have an active Roll Call which has bee a tremendous help in booking our shore excursions. We booked the Flaam train as well and it fill up quickly!!!

9 minutes ago, nini said:

Have you joined your Roll Call? We are booked for June 3 on the Sky and have an active Roll Call which has bee a tremendous help in booking our shore excursions. We booked the Flaam train as well and it fill up quickly!!!

We did that on a previous trip to Norway. It is a very good excursion.

1 hour ago, nini said:

This is the roll call for 6/29/24 I started today.  I looked for a roll call for this cruise and didn't find it, so I started one.  Am I missing something?

On our last Norway cruise, we didn't book the Flaam train through Princess.  I can't remember but we either bought the tickets online before we left home or bought them at the Flaam station the day of.  It was cheaper this way, but I haven't checked it yet, since it's in 2024.  

Edited by BabsinTX
Addition.

10 minutes ago, BabsinTX said:

This is the roll call for 6/29/24 I started today.  I looked for a roll call for this cruise and didn't find it, so I started one.  Am I missing something?

On our last Norway cruise, we didn't book the Flaam train through Princess.  I can't remember but we either bought the tickets online before we left home or bought them at the Flaam station the day of.  It was cheaper this way, but I haven't checked it yet, since it's in 2024.  

We did not book it through Princess either.

19 minutes ago, BabsinTX said:

I don't see the Roll Call under the Sky Princess Roll Calls. Is that where you set it up?

Arlene

58 minutes ago, moodyb1 said:

I don't see the Roll Call under the Sky Princess Roll Calls. Is that where you set it up?

Arlene

I can't figure out how to move this to the Sky roll call page.  I thought there'd be a "Start New Topic" button at the top of the roll call page, but I'm not seeing it.  Beats me.  I'll leave this here for now.  Maybe the moderator will move it tomorrow?

Edited by BabsinTX
Change.

11 minutes ago, BabsinTX said:

I can't figure out how to move this to the Sky roll call page.  I thought there'd be a "Start New Topic" button at the top of the roll call page, but I'm not seeing it.  Beats me.  I'll leave this here for now.  Maybe the moderator will move it tomorrow?

This is just a General Princess page. I don't think you can move anything from this page to the Sky Princess Roll Call page. Also, I don't think the moderator is going to move it either. There are instructions on how to set up a new Roll Call on the Sky Princess Roll Call page. I would do it, but I don't want to be "in charge of it". Sorry, I have too many cruises coming up before this one and too many responsibilities at home. 

I have been trying to finalize this booking with Princess for over 5 hours! My husband and I have found the incompetency of the customer representatives unbelievably bad. When we finally thought we had things straightened out and received our booking confirmation it was wrong. We said we didn't want transfers or the insurance and they gave it to us anyway. We've been on hold, transferred over and over again. Now the base price is wrong and we are on hold for Guest Relations! What a waste of our day!

Arlene

6 minutes ago, moodyb1 said:

I have been trying to finalize this booking with Princess for over 5 hours! My husband and I have found the incompetency of the customer representatives unbelievably bad. When we finally thought we had things straightened out and received our booking confirmation it was wrong. We said we didn't want transfers or the insurance and they gave it to us anyway. We've been on hold, transferred over and over again. Now the base price is wrong and we are on hold for Guest Relations! What a waste of our day!

Arlene

Yay Customer Service! Satisfaction at last!

7 hours ago, BabsinTX said:

One of my husband's favorite beers is made in Flaam so I know what we'll be doing there (after the Flaam train ride)!

What's the beer? 

We went to Norway on Princess in 2021 and were a bit amazed by what it cost us for a couple of pints in a local pub. We thought it was funny that the guy behind the bar said he was one of the few Mormons in Norway and was working in a pub. I can't remember what the cost per pint was but it was maybe 4 times what it costs here at home. We were warned on the ship that Norway was an expensive port. (I don't remember what beers we ordered but they were both quite good.)

14 hours ago, Thrak said:

What's the beer? 

We went to Norway on Princess in 2021 and were a bit amazed by what it cost us for a couple of pints in a local pub. We thought it was funny that the guy behind the bar said he was one of the few Mormons in Norway and was working in a pub. I can't remember what the cost per pint was but it was maybe 4 times what it costs here at home. We were warned on the ship that Norway was an expensive port. (I don't remember what beers we ordered but they were both quite good.)

Beers were $16 USD when we were there in 2017.  My husband almost fainted but he didn't stop drinking the beer.  His favorite was the Aegir IPA in Flaam.  We were recently on a Viking cruise and they carried it--made his day!

• Like 1