Members-Only Onboard Events

Ace_Caliente

I see in the Captain's Circle listing of benefits "Members-Only Onboard Events" is listed. What kinds of events are these? Does every cruise sailing have them? I've tried searching on here and google with a variety of search terms and cannot seem to get any kind of insight into this. I also scanned a few pages of an online princess patter someone posted and nothing really stood out. On our last cruise, before we were even Gold level, I didn't really notice any of these - but of course in that case I wouldn't of had access anyway. 

There is usually at least one cash-bar reception for Platinum and Elite level members where the Captain or other senior officers welcome everyone and thank them for their loyalty.  The person(s) with the top three  cumulative cruise days is usually announced (usually someone with 2000+ days cruising wins).  It's like a CC meet & greet except its more crowded since on my last several cruises 75% of passengers were Elite or Platinum.

There's also a daily "happy hour" type buffet for Platinum and Elite.  I'm only Platinum, so there may be other Elite level events.

We have been in the top 3 a couple of times, and we only have a bit over 500 days.  Never the top persons, but have been number 2 and 3. Depends on the cruise and how many elites show up on that cruise. It is nice, you get to have another couple join you if you are traveling with them. Very nice event.

Whoops, there is also a luncheon for the most traveled passengers, that is held for the top 40 traveler with the most travel days with Princess.  We have been many times, and it is a great event. But, some ships do a before dinner event with drinks and finger foods and that is also good.  Not as much food and you get to chat with more folks. I think it just depends on the Princess Circle person.

3 minutes ago, Shaver John said:

Depends on the cruise and how many elites show up on that cruise.

We are at 742 sea days and have never been in the top 3.  As mentioned above, it all depends on the voyage.  We usually sail on longer voyages and there are usually many Elites with lots of sea days.

3 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We are at 742 sea days and have never been in the top 3.  As mentioned above, it all depends on the voyage.  We usually sail on longer voyages and there are usually many Elites with lots of sea days.

Try a panama canal cruise & you'll stand a better chance.

20 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Try a panama canal cruise & you'll stand a better chance.

I think we have been on 8 full transits and 2 partials.  The most recent was this past February, LA to FLL on the Emerald.  So, no bueno...

Edited by LACruiser88

4 hours ago, DCThunder said:

I think everyone at the event was astonished when a lady with over 2000 days was announced as the winner on my last TA.  That's almost 5 1/2 YEARS of cruise days!

Before the late Lorraine Artz stopped cruising, she had over 5000 days on Princess. We should all strive for this.

• Haha 1