Check in issues etc

LauraS

• Administrators

Looking for tips and advice from you all please!

We have a large group (50) on the 1/29 sailing.  All of us are having difficulty in checking in… Particularly in regard to downloading our documents, boarding pass, etc.  can’t figure out what we’re doing wrong

As someone who deals with MSC Check-In on nearly a daily basis, I completely understand. First, don't be misled by the section at the end of check-in where is says to Download the PDF of your "Boarding Pass". There is no such thing and I wish they would get rid of that. All you need is the eTicket they will email you if the other part is done correctly. Also, don't be misled that you have to upload a picture. Just completed one for someone today and a picture still isn't required. Hard to help you out on the other part without seeing the info you entered. Usually it is a problem with the address. Also, sometimes the Passport or ID number magically disappears and needs to be reentered. Sorry I can't help more but your info is limited.

Bret

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, LauraS said:

Looking for tips and advice from you all please!

We have a large group (50) on the 1/29 sailing.  All of us are having difficulty in checking in… Particularly in regard to downloading our documents, boarding pass, etc.  can’t figure out what we’re doing wrong

I would suggest that you call MSC and get them the email the e-tickets as long as you are checking-in within 20 days of sailing.  Fifty is a lot but it seems they sometimes have a glitch in the system. 

We decided to take a last minute MSC cruise just this week.  We are very experienced with cruise “checking-in” from several lines mostly Princess and Crystal.  I spent more time on the MSC website than the length of the cruise! LOL.

It kept saying the documents were ready and the etickets (and boarding pass) were sent but they were never received including checking junk etc.  I tried several emails, different devices ( all current),different  browsers etc.  and even asked another family member.   I finally called MSC and the agent emailed the e-ticket including luggage tags   ( as stated above ….boarding pass doesn’t exist) to me.  He told me that I had filled in all the fields properly…including the photo and that he has had complaints about this happening before.   I now have an issue with obtaining a Voyagers number after finding the correct form for the “match” program.  Not a great first impression! 

When entering address, you don't enter the city or state, just the zip code. Some people have trouble with this piece.

If you can't get credit card info to be accepted, you can do it via kiosks on board the ship or via the app once on board. Just double-check that you had it entered/applied to both passengers in a room. 

You may also need to call to get the Voyager Club Numbers added for all passengers your booking. This can impact OBC.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I keep clicking on the send button to receive my ticket by email but I only receive the booking confirmation and the health and safety protocol documents. Also unable to download the boarding pass. I did not use a TA, I booked directly on MSC's website.

With all those problems with On-Line check-in, why not just simplify the 

data required to name and Passport/ID?

Other cruise lines may have problems once in a while, but not as many as we hear about MSC.

Yes, I cruise other lines and did last year. RCI, Celebrity, NCL and MSC. The same lines this year. 

17 minutes ago, EMc&DrS said:

I can never get it to work on the website, but have had no trouble checking in for our February cruise using the "MSC for Me" app. My travel agent emailed me our e-ticket exactly 30 days before the cruise.

Unbeliavable, I just tried the MSC for me APP and 1 minute later, I received my cruise ticket. Thanks for the info.

58 minutes ago, MM42 said:

Unbeliavable, I just tried the MSC for me APP and 1 minute later, I received my cruise ticket. Thanks for the info.

You are most welcome. Bet if you check the website, it will still tell you that there is a problem with your booking number! 🤣